Women dating older men and my real problem?

Ok so I know there are always people for or against women dating older men and I have no hate for the actual relationships but more so that don't you think it's kind of unfair that older guys who are all single can take these girls away and then younger guys then have nobody left to date? Think about that women. Also please don't bring up the whole women are more responsible at that age garbage because we both know that men and women are both irresponsible when they're young men maybe just in an easier way to see directly. Do you think women dating older men is wrong from that point of view?

Most Helpful Girl

• Woman do mature faster than the guys (for the most part), of course there are exceptions to the rule. I understand your frustration. For me it was never about age, I saw a guy I was attracted to and if there was mutual attraction we would hang out or go on a date. THEN, I would find out how old he was. My first two long term relationships were with guys 2 years my senior, which I think is quite a typical age difference. The youngest I dated was 2 years younger, the oldest was 11 years my senior (I wouldn't do that again) and my Fiance' is the same age as me. Girls go for what they are attracted to, I don't know if they consider the age as such a big deal.

What Girls Said 7

• I mean a woman can only be taken away if she allows herself to be. If the younger person is willing to date that person, then I don't see what the problem is. There are tons of people out there that are available to date, so I don't see how that can be a problem. Also, why should it even really matter? Both are consenting adults.

• I think people should date who they're interested in. Some people like people their own age, some people like people older, and some like them younger. I'm sure for all the younger girls dating older guys there are younger guys dating older girls.

Also, some people can be attracted to a myriad of ages. My current boyfriend is my age (well, 6 months older), but I could see myself dating someone a bit older or younger depending on who they were. And one of my guy friends, who is 24, is currently dating a woman who is 43. Before her, he was dating an 18 year old.

• If younger guys can't get a girlfriend that's their problem... It's not because of the older guys or the girls. Some girls like older guys, some girls don't.

One of my closest girl friends, age 18, is happy with her 15 year old boyfriend. I am 16, and I'm happy with my 19 year old boyfriend.

I think if you like someone, go for it!

P.S.: Most girls mature faster than most boys. I'm not saying ALL of them do. Of course there are some exceptions. For example, in my freshman year in high school, all the girls would sit and talk about their day, and the majority of the boys would run around, throw food, and fart on each other. It all really depends on the individual person.

• I honestly do think that women have a more mature mindset than men do at young ages. Most women are looking for something serious while guys at a young age are mainly just looking to have a good time. So I think it makes sense for us young women to look for an older, more mature guy who is looking for something serious as well. That's just my opinion, though.

• WAHHHH!

• no. nobody "owes" each other anything. it isn't my responsibility to turn down an older guy I like who likes me because the younger guys haven't been around the block yet. there are plenty of fish in the sea.

and there are many advantages to an older man.

• I've always been attracted to men that much older than me.:-)

What Guys Said 3

• I am 21 dating a 17 year old she is very mature I like her a lot

• Women ARE more mature then guys when they are young and older men have much more to offer a younger woman. Older men don't take all the younger females though. That is being silly. Good luck to you

• It isn't wrong by itself.

But here is it from an older man who used to think just like you: Now that I am older and young girls are attracted to me, I don't really want them anymore. They are immature and fool themselves to have an equal relationship with us. So I won't take advantage of that. Yes they are fun. But in that case I am simply upfront about my intentions. But in the long run there is nothing interesting in it for me. Yes, when I was younger I thought I'll have a ton of young girls when I am older. And yes, to a degree, I could now. But it isn't interesting anymore. You look for something more serious.

I understand why women want to date older and more mature men. They are more mature. I get it. But the part of the story that is untold is that older men don't see young girls as mature.

So girls, date someone your age.

It's better for you. Because if he really is mature he knows this is just some fun. And if he thinks it's something lasting, he isn't that mature. He just has experience.

Hope that helps.

Hope no one got offended. I tried to be honest, not condescending.

• I definitely agree man. I'm 24 but look VERY young for my age and get hit on by many younger girls and while they're sexy and everything and they think they're more mature and should date older people in reality they are seen by people like me as just as immature and we know that just some sleezy guys don't care and take advantage of it anyways. I hate how girls try fooling themselves that they're more mature and need to be with an older guy who matches their maturity level or something.