Is this too controlling?

I've been with my boyfriend for over a year and we're totally in love. We've been friends for a long time and I before we started dating I really didn't see him as a sexual person. Porn came up in conversation one day and I realized how much it weirded me out to know that he watched it. Now that the relationship has gotten deeper and our sex life is fantastic, I really don't want him to watch porn. He says it has nothing to do with the way he feels about me, but it scares me. The other day I asked him to maybe not do it anymore and he was totally fine with the whole thing and said he just wants me to be happy so he won't. That does make me happy, but am I being too controlling?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a little too controlling. One of two things will happen; he will stop watching porn and resent you for it, or the more likely thing is that he will just do it and not tell you about it or hide it from you.

You should believe him when he says that it doesn't have anything to do with his feelings for you. Would you rather him go to strip clubs or date other women? I think not.

Have you ever considered watching it with him? What are you scared of?

I think maybe you need to ask yourself why you're bothered by it.

What Guys Said 1

• Lol it's funny that you actually think he's going to stop looking at porn, he may say he will be he's not going to stop and you shouldn't try and stop him.

What Girls Said 2

• You were being honest. Maybe a little immature but honest none the less. If you don't like him watching porn better to open up about it than to let it fester. It's not controlling but what is it specifically about him watching porn that weirds you out? Is this an all boyfriend rule or just him?

• I have been so like carefree and not jealous with every boyfriend I've ever had, but things are really different this one. Plus he's the first one I haven't cheated on. I almost thought that he was "too good for porn" or something ridiculous like that. I don't look like those girls so it makes me sad that he likes to watch them. Ugh idk.

• Don't all guys watch porn...? Why do you find it weird? Guys are visual animals and it's a stress reliever for them. More than likely he's still going to watch it and hide it from you. OR he'll hate you for it.