Is texting important in a relationship?

Me and this guy have been talking since March and him and I don't see or talk a lot. I see him maybe twice or three times if I'm lucky a week. And we've never really have a conversation like hi or something. I like to have that reassurance that he's there and thinking of me.

Do you feel like you need to talk or text to your special someone everyday?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's only as important as you make it. Girls typically put way more importance on it.

"I like to have that reassurance that he's there and thinking of me."

Why?

• With me having the reassurance is important cause I've been hurt in the past and I don't want to get hurt. And I don't want to put in my head that I'm there for his convience and when he needs a girl. I always look at the little things to make sure he is still intrested.

• That is incredibly insecure. Thanks for being so honest though.

What Guys Said 4

• I like to imagine a world without $0.15 text messages. It removes a lot of guessing and miscommunication. Because now people have come to me and talk to me like a person.

• This is one of the things that makes being in a relationship that much harder for me since I don't like texting. I mean sending a text everyonce in a while is fine but I can't be having pointless conversations everyday through texting everyday.

• so it's pretty normal? cause the guy I'm talking to is EXCATLY like how you are.

• Its not uncommon. I say there's more guys who don't mind or put up with texting their girl everyday but I can't. I also don't like having to hangout with the person I'm dating everyday either. 2 or 3 times a week is enough

• I don't know about texting but I prefer at least hearing her voice daily if I can't see her.

• NO

What Girls Said 2

• Yes I do if he is my boyfriend and if he couldn't talk on the phone then we can text. It's doesn't have to be all day. just here and there through out the day until we see each other.

• Texting a lot can be annoying because of miscommunications and guesswork but I still like getting messages from my boy regularly. It also means whenever something happens or I see something worth talking about I can talk to him about it. We talk about pretty much everything and texting helps to facilitate that :)

Each to their own though I can also see that not texting could add a little more excitement for when you can talk to them in person. Plus saves money.