Do male friends sign off with an 'x'?

in text messages, my friend/ co-worker put a kiss at the end of

his text last nite, I think its odd as we are not dating and it is not a typical lad thing to do.. guys do you do this to your female pals

Most Helpful Guy

• I normally just copy what they put in their texts to me, which usually means one or more "X"s. It just seems like the safest option, considering how some girls will try to read way too much into tiny details like this - it doesn't mean I'm in love with them, and it doesn't mean I'm not.

What Guys Said 3

• Depends on the pal. Some of my girl friends are like one of the lads. I wouldn't sign them off with an x. Some of my friends are girlie girls. I'd do it for them.

• I do if I'm close to the girl or I like her. If we are not all that close or I don't like her then I won't do that. But, if the girl puts an 'x' (whether she like me or not) I would put it too just to be nice.

• I sign off to most of my female friends with that yeah :) Night x

What Girls Said 2

• I thought X was a hug you know hugs and kisses xoxo

• it sounds a bit gay :/

i dunno, I know a lot of European guys do that thing, though.