Guys, am I not considered someone to date if I still live with my parents?

I'm in my mid 20s and live at home with my parents. I am in graduate school and work part time as a sub teacher. It's not enough to live on my own and I prefer not to have room mates. I still pay my own bills and contribute, so I'm not being a mooch or anything. But the truth is, I don't intend on moving anytime soon until I'm financially stable. Thing is, the program I'm in at school takes 2 and a half years and I'm just starting. So by the time I finish, I will be almost 30! In a way I feel like this will affect my dating life. Do you care if a woman lives at home with her parents? Does that decrease your chances of wanting to take her seriously as a partner?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't have the money to live on your own, so be it. A lot of people can't afford to live on their own. J. Edgar Hoover, the founder of the FBI, lived with his mother until he was 43.

What Guys Said 2

• It is totally normal in my country . Why change it when it makes sense?I wouldn't care.

• there is no stigma attached to girls who still live at home past a certain age, unfortuneately there is a stigma the other way around.

What Girls Said 1

• i freakin hope not

i am 30 and live at home

i contribute too and I care for my disabled brother as a FT job, not to mention, caring for all 5 dogs who live here, I tried living on my own and I couldn't afford it after a year, it was too costly with the dogs and no roommate. so I am here until I can afford to move again

• Wow that's a lot of work I commend you for that. Do you feel it has had an effect on your dating life?

• Seeing as I've never dated, yes! LOL... however, I also don't "put myself out there". The guy I am crazy about lives next door (ha, go figure!) and he totally gets and respects me for it. I told him about it from day 1.