Was I being overdramatic?

So I just started talking to this guy, Martin, and he claims to be "really honest" & "Straight up". Anyways, we were texting and I, in a playful way, said he was weird and added a "(;" to the end of the text. He replied with "what's normal, you? Cause to be honest, you ain't all that pretty to be acting like you all that". After I got really upset because I'm not the most confident person out there, so I said bye and then he texts me "Oh you get butthurt too fast, hahaha, late !" So.. was I being too sensitive ? I haven't talked to him since last night when all that went on.

UPDATE ! He texted me saying "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it in a hurtful way. I'm sorry, like I said I'm really honest.."

I don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't you see what's going on? He's an a$$hole who purposely tries to find a girl's weakness and attack it to keep her self-esteem low so he can manipulate her and make her desperate for his approval. No guy who cared ANYTHING about you would say such a thing, but instead of telling him to go F himself and forgetting he ever existed (because you were so confident in yourself that you REFUSE to let ANYONE talk to you like that), you are worried if YOU overreacted. Hell no, you UNDERREACTED, which is just what he was hoping for.

Don't fall for that crap, and don't take it from anyone.

• Thank you for that (: I just thought I was cause he would always tell me he's "really honest" I'm about to delete his number.

• Gotta agree 100% he's a d-bag. You definitely underreacted. Don't let this guy make you feel bad about yourself, if anyone should feel bad it's that @$$hole.

• He meant it exactly like he said it. No one chooses those words unless they don't care.

What Guys Said 5

• @Update, the guy is still a total dochebag. "I'm sorry, like I said I'm really honest", what do you think that means? He meant what he said, although he claims he didn't intend it to come on in a hurtful way. He meant what he said, the guy is an a**hole as so many of us have already eluded to. I consider myself brutally honest and direct but I would never talk like that to a girl like that.

• What?!?! You're dealing with a total douchebag a**hole dumbass who has no sense of humor or respect. Stop talking to him immediately!

• Just another day, picture it this way, move on. Don't look at the past, unless of course this is repetitive then it's sensitive, it could be an accident, or you overthink it too much, but just move on.

• This guy is a black abyss, he will suck you in and you will never come out back into the real great world...dont fall for him

• I feel like even if I told you he was an a**hole for this, you would be even more attracted to him..however, if I don't tell you he's an a**hole, you'll get mad at me for not telling the truth. I'm going to just say that I think he should just apologize. Don't talk to him until he realizes he hurt your feelings and apologizes.

What Girls Said 6

• Quite honestly I think he's already dug his grave lol an a**hole or not he said something hurtful, even if he didnt't mean it, he texted it without thinking the effect it would have on you which is just reckless, he should of thought about what he was sending. I get a whole lot of guys messaging me online and most these days say things and flip as soon as they start messaging me, I'm not looking for online dating because I know it's not safe but they flip you know even when they don't even know me and call me alsorts. If a guy said that to be his grave would definitely already be dug.

• Martin saying you're not all that pretty was very disrespectful. Replying "bye" is PERFECTLY understandable and was the correct thing to do. If you had not walked away from him then you would've sent the message that it's okay to disrespect you in that way. Then that would've been disrespectful to you as well. Walking away shows that you DO NOT accept people treating you in that manner - and that is self-respect. Keep it up baby. Don't listen to his bs about getting hurt too fast. That comment was his way of deflecting his wrong action by making you the bad guy. People (guys in particular) do that all the time. A person can be "really honest" & "straight up" without being mean or disrespectful. Only hang out with those type of people.

• What an a**hole, how dare he say that, he's just playing on your low self-esteem because he knows people who don't have a lot of it are never that sure about themselves ether and always second guessing themselves, piece of crap, people like that are just nasty to others to try and make themselves feel better, just a complete attention seeker.

• He's an ass. Don't talk to him anymore. MrOracle is right on the money with the kind of guy that this "Martin" is. You don't have to tolerate stuff like that.

• Again, being "really honest" does not relieve a person from being considerate and tactful.

• so should I just ignore him ? or what do I reply.. I'm so confused now :\

• Well, in your case, I'd say one texted apology is not enough. If this guy really is regretful AND really wants to be your friend, then he should make more of an effort to get back into your good graces. So, I would hold off replying. Let him come grovelling for a while if you really like this guy & really want to be with him. But this should be a BIG warning sign for you of the type of guy he is. Keep your eyes wide open from now on.

• No, he sounded like he was being a jerk. He sounds like a douche. id move on :)