Did I do something wrong?

I was talking to this guy on Facebook. He’s very geeky but extremely nice and funny. He’s the classic nerd and can be shy and can be very talkative. I just randomly starting talking to him one day and we hit it off really well. We have a lot in common and I thought we got along really well. A few days after we started talk to each other on Facebook, we saw each other at exams. He didn’t even look at me. Didn’t even bother acknowledging that I was there which really hurt because I didn’t think he was one of those guys. I went home and saw that he was on Facebook and we started chatting like normal. So I thought “okay, he was just worried about exams…” The next day we had another exam together. I sat right beside him and he didn’t even look at me again. After that, he was always on Facebook on his phone so I didn’t really get a chance to talk to him. I sent him a few messages and he’s answered. Yesterday, I went to this party thing and he was there and I was like, okay, I’m going to talk to him, but when I went over to where he was, he walked away really fast. I was really tired of all of this so I sent him a message saying “I want to know if you want to hang out sometime this summer. If not, it’s okay but if you do, just message me.” He never responded yet.

I don’t know if I did something wrong. I really like him and we got a long great but I think I did something wrong. I was always the one who started conversations but I was too shy to talk to him in person. What do I do?

What Guys Said 1

• he just sounds REALLY shy. It's easier for him to speak in text, but he has problems with talking to women face to face. It's just a lack of confidence. You're doing everything right though. You just have to kind of force the in-person conversation on him. Once he's used to it, it won't be so awkward. But he's got some serious confidence issues, I think. I've never heard of a guy that nervous.

What Girls Said 1

• tbh he sounds shy. I know a boy like this, and I missed my chance because I was so shy at the time. Later, he liked my friend and I advised she make the first move (she did and now they are going out). Maybe he sees you as a Facebook friend and feels more comfortable talking through text. If he blows you off over the summer then (if you want to keep in touch) just do it occasionally over fb. When he feels comfortable you can get to know him better, and if you're going out somewhere it could be to something else you have in common, like a film you both wanted to go and see or something. Just make sure he can be comfortable around you.