Do guys like girls who break the ice?

sometimes it's hard to make an approach for both sexes. but if a girl and a guy are making eye contact and she gives him a little smile, and then if he returns it, goes up and says hi what's your name, and makes a bit of small talk (but doesn't ask for his number or anything too direct)

so she is subtle, showing interest without being too aggressive and therefore leaving the guy some room. is this a good thing in your opinion?

the key is testing it. I did that with my guy, I made eye contact and he kept returning it. then I gave him a small smile and he caught my eye back and returned it. so I figured from that he'd probably be open to talking to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• well it'd be nice for the girl to make a move. last Friday I was at the bar, and there was this hottie that was staring at me and winking but I didn't do anything about it because she was surrounded by her friends, and I personally don't want an audience if iam going to get shot down. if you want a guy to hit on you separate from the herd so to speak.

What Guys Said 7

• it would be amazing, awesome if more girls did that

• yes ...but that's not going to make me approach her ... she would have to do that if course and she would have to be direct also to show me she wants me etc

• If a women ever winked or made eye contact with me I would, honestly think and believe she was playing a mean cruel joke.

• It would be nice if more did that, I know most people say the guy should go after the girl but sometimes it's good to have a little change up

• i think it's nice to not be the one chasing all the time.

• It is in this guy's opinion.

• i wish it would happen more often

What Girls Said 1

• Wow. This is good to know. I usually approach guys but it never seems to go so well. Maybe I'm doing something wrong... (or I'm just fugly)