Figuring out what he thinks - Am I going about this the wrong way?

After a bit of flirting online I ended up starting to sleep with this guy, the thing is he has never asked me on a date and I am a bit over the situation now. I was thinking that the next time he sees me out and asks to stay over I would say something along the lines of "i like you, but I get the impression you're not really into me & right now I want someone who will date me".

I figure that if I say that at least he knows WHY & can maybe act on it if he wants. My other alternative is to just say no next time.

I am a bit confused to be honest...because I do want the sex...

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Actually this is one of the most smartest things I've read so far lol because your not getting into detail about your feelings and are straight to the point

And yes "i like you, but I get the impression you're not really into me & right now I want someone who will date me" would work. because if you just say No then it leaves him thinking "Oh trmw then?"

• yes you should tell him but be prepared for disappointment.

but I would say it a little differently. say "i had fun, but I decided our arrangement is not for me because I realized I want a guy I can date. I'm not trying to pressure you, I just want you to know that, and if we are not on the same page we should end things"

• okay but then it's stupid to keep having sex with him if you want to date. that's called being used.

• I guess I don't know whether I am willing to give up the sex...if I knew he didn't like me then I would, but not liking me and not wanting to date me is different

• but see, a guy who really likes you would have tried to date you. when guys have sex with girls early on they do NOT like them yet. and if you say this he will try to keep you in the small but unlikely event that he actually likes you.