How to get over the nerves of a first kiss?

So I've been going out with this guy for 4 months now but we still haven't kissed yet. We both really want it to happen but neither of us have the gut to do it. All my friends just say to go up and do it and don't think about it but it hasn't helped so does anyone have any ideas to get over the nerves. Like ways to make him do it, or to give me the confidence to do it. Any suggestions would be helpful, I'm kinda desperate!

Most Helpful Girl

• Lose yourself in he moment.

Take away all the worry about if you're good enough, any self doubt, what your friends think and just focus on the actual feeling of getting to have your lips against his. Focus on how lucky you feel to be the girl kissing him.

Don't make him kiss you lol,then that might make things awkward for him, like "wtf why is she trying to make me kiss her?" ya know? like you would feel awkward if he was trying to make you kiss him.

I didn't have my first kiss until I was 18. The guy I kissed always made me really nervous and shy, but when he leaned in and kissed me, it's like all of that went away because my passions overwhelmed my fears :) You really just have to relax and embrace the whole situation.

What Guys Said 3

• GET DRUNK WOOHOO! =P Just kidding.

You could start off easy by hugging and kissing each other on the cheek, forehead etc. That should ease up the tension in preparation for the actual kiss and make it feel more natural =) Good luck.

• I would just try to do it really fast to get it over with, then once the tension is broken do it for a while longer. That is if I knew the person WANTED to kiss me. If I didn't know then I probably wouldn't be so open about it.

• he wants it to happen :)

• Well if you want it to happen too, just jump in and do a quick peck on the lips, once that's done it might get a little easier. I think he should do it though, if I know a girl wants me to kiss her (on the lips) then I'll gladly do it, the only thing I'm worried about is that she wouldn't want me to. I'm a very shy guy too so I can see why you guys are nervous though :)

• This one's easy. A kiss is the most intimate of interactions, so I suggest that *if the warmth and affinity is really there* you give him a kiss on the cheek - a tender kiss that carries the message that you are finding yourself truly caring for the person. This should break the ice and could even turn into the real kiss.

• ill say kissing on the cheek doesn't work, we've already tried that

What Girls Said 2

• Watch a movie together at his place or yours and when it's over don't get up and leave, hug each other and talk about random things, lay in his arms and stare in his eyes.

And then just move closer to him, if he comes closer too then kiss his lips first just slowly without toungue and well after that do what you want :)

• that is such a long time! try kissing him on the cheek