In your opinion is it odd for a girl to not have been in a relationship by 16?

My younger sister is talking to this guy and they both like each other, but he asked her what her longest relationship was and she didn't want to seem quote on quote "lame" so she threw in a little white lie saying that she had. (he has been in a committed relationship before.) I don't think that it would have mattered to him. Then again I don't know. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I assume your sister means you.

Not having been in a relationship at 16 isn't an odd or lame thing. We all started out at zero and damn anyone who gives someone sh*t for it. We're all different, some people get into dating early, some late, it's not a big deal. They shouldn't be afraid and let things pass them by.

And whoever this is for. I'd tell the guy that you pretended to have a past relationship because you thought you'd seem lame if you didn't. It'd show you're honest.

What Guys Said 3

• No. If she's 26 that's a different issue, but if she has a reason for it then I can't hate. 16 isn't that old. Even at 16 I knew that.

• In a way, it is more a part of getting to know a person. This is a time when both are testing experiences and feelings...a good time to be honest.

• ? Are you for real!

What Girls Said 2

• It's not strange at all. Many girls wait until later in school to date, especially seriously. High school is a busy time in a young lady's life.

I don't think the young man would have been concerned, but it is a folly of youth to be over concerned with the opinions of peers. I feel it's much better to get into the habit of honesty right away even if it's awkward or uncomfortable at first.

If your sister really feels uncomfortable answering with the truth, a simple "I don't really want to talk about it" would be much better off.

Cheers and tell you sister she still has a LONG time of dating and romance ahead of her, and there's nothing lame about being honest.

• Nope, I think girls rush into having a relationship and dating way too early because the media and society glamourizes relationships. That's how a lot of them end up on 16 and Pregnant

There's nothing wrong with not trying to have adult romantic relationships when you're a kid