How long does it take a guy to realize he wants to marry a girl?

I guess, on average, how long do guys usually date a girl before they realize she may be the one and consider proposing?

Most Helpful Girl

• My man told me 8 days after we had met that I was the girl he wanted to marry. I had a gut feeling from the start that he was extra special, that he was going to be the one I would hold onto. However it took me (approx) 5-6 months to be sure that he was the one I wanted as well. We are now in the process of ring shopping (little over our one year anniversary) :)

I do realize mine is probably a rare case, but I think that you (and guys) can tell in the first few months if that person is going to be compatible in the long run. Then make a decision if he wants to act on that or not.

What Guys Said 1

• Approximately 20 minutes to an hour after losing her

Otherwise can take years

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not a guy but the first time I saw my boyfriend I knew he was the one and the same thing happened to my boyfriend he told me he knew since the first time he saw me.