Guys is this man code and I'm dumb.....?

So I met a guy online over a year ago, spent a lot of time getting to know each other. I did pass on meeting up the first couple times because he was older and I was nervous and then the fact I didn't drive. He says he understood. Well over the year we have come to realize we are attracted to each other and Ik in my part I really like him and would like something more. Thing is we met in person once, he was very nervous and didn't say much. We have yet to meet again, but talk everyday. I finally after five months of not meeting back up asked him if there's something I can do to make him less nervous and want to see me, he said he didn't know and just really enjoys my company and doesn't want to mess anything up. Guys what dots this/ or could mean? I've asked him if he was attracted to me if that was the problem and he says that he is highly attracted to me. On one occasion he said he had feelings he can't admit so is he scared? Playing me? Any advice will help.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a chance he's playing you, but I don't really believe it. He probably is just really nervous and worried about making you feel like you're being smothered or something, I dunno. Seems more just worried about pushing you away. Best thing is to try and help him understand he won't do that if you're really interested too.

But, in the end, it's hard to truly say without knowing the guy.

• I just try to tell him often that I truly don't think he can mess anything up and that he's constantly on my mind. Which is true.

• *shrugs* He's probably just self conscious about the wait. Many men are.

• Yeah and I understand how that feels, just wish he'd see me so I could put action to my feelings and words so he can see I'm different and I like him the way he is, for him. Thanks for the advice hun.

What Guys Said 2

• There's no code there. He means exactly what he said.

If the guy was playing you. he'd have met you and f***ed you and dumped you by now.

• Nope never had sex, never kissed. Answerer, I know what you ment!

• Derp, missed if :P hah.

• Maybe he has bad social skill face to face , I think it resides in fear of rejection something he might say or do, that can screw things up. As he said has attracted to you maybe he just doesn't know how to act on it. (Coming from experience)

• Ik he is extremely shy, and I do truly believe that has something to do with it. A year of getting to know someone seems really long, maybe he just needs more time than that to realize I'm fine with his nerves, but not seeing him in person doesn't let me prove that to him.:/

• Maybe if you two hang around a bit more often he'll open up , feel less nervous

• That's what I want...

What Girls Said 1

• He probably like you a lot because no guy would spend a whole year talking to you without meeting you in person. I don't think he is playing you.