It's always him over me

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year now. We've talked about the future and we do want to be together. The problem is his best friend. Don't get me wrong, I like all his friends, and I'm not one to want to spend every moment with him. But they spend every day together, from 6am to 6pm, then they go out at night. I stopped asking him to hang out because they always made plans before they got off. It's started to bother me now because I barely get to see him. Now they are talking about getting an apartment together, and opening a company together.

Whenever we are together, it's always great. But I just don't see any room for me anymore. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try discussing it with him, let him know that you feel like a third wheel. As long as he realizes that you aren't attacking his friendship, but that you just want a little more of his attention, he will probably try to make more time for you. Still, don't expect any drastic changes. If his friends were with him before you met, he'll be less likely to alter his social schedule unless he's good and ready to.

(On a side note, it makes me thing of Han Solo and Chewbacca; how in the world would Princess Leia get any alone time with him? lol)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Talk to him. If you're really important to him and he loves you he'll do his best to spend time with you too. I'm probably right when I say that his friend is single. He just wants to have fun and while fun is perfectly fine it seems he wants to live a fun life like a single guy and then hang out with you when he wants some ass or gets bored etc. I had the same problem with my boyfriend. Balance out your time with him. After a year things should be more serious by now. Try something like you spend the weekends plus Fridays and Thursdays with him and the rest of the week you guys can meet up for lunch together etc. and he can still hang out with his guy. Why aren't you two getting an apartment together? If he loves you he wants to start your lives together. Maybe he's not as hooked as you thought he was. Sorry to be blunt.

• Well you can't tell a guy who they can and can't be friends with, to them that makes you sound clingy. Just like I'm sure you wouldn't like it if he did that. But maybe y'all could workout a compromise.

• Agreed, and I've never asked him not to be friends with anyone. I'm actually friends with the majority of the people he hangs around with anyway. It's more the way that he never asks me if I want to go out, we could not see each other for a while and I'll ask to see him and he's always too busy with this guy.

• Well maybe he feels like you're who he turns to when he wants a girl and the guys are who he turns to when he wants some time with the men,but I agree. That's a little too much. Maybe that's his comfort zone?

• Does he know how you feel? It is better to let him know. You should plan things ahead him.