Texting question for girls..

Girls, if there's a guy you like and he doesn't text you for a day or two does it bother you? It seems like every time I don't text a girl she gets all pissed off and then claims she doesn't want to hang out with me or see me because of it.. almost like paying me back for "ignoring" her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the opposite. If a guy texts me everyday I'll get annoyed of him and not want to hang out or see him. Back the f*** up a bit and live your life, you know?

What you're describing though, Joe Schmo, seems kind of immature on her part. I mean, people DO get busy and don't have the time to give you all of their attention. Just my two cents at least.

• I know, and then she's like "why don't you ever ask me to hang out?" and I told her because I work 12 hours a day (which I do). I then ask her to hang out and she's like "I said no thanks". I find it incredibly immature.

• Yeah I don't beg... that's just weird and needy lol.

• lol I agree it is. You don't remember me, huh? :o.. I see how it is.

What Girls Said 11

• It definitely does bother me to be honest, but not to the extent where I'd get pissed off and not hang out with him. It's frustrating when a guy takes a long time to respond, but I understand that he may be busy sometimes.

If it's all the time though, or if he just seems uninterested, then I'll slow down my texting too. But if he asked me to hang out I'd go cause things are much better in person. Texting usually just complicates things.

If you're interested in a girl, being a decent texter will help you. Not the needy kind who texts 247, but someone who initiates conversations, doesn't take forever to respond, says bye if he has to go, that kinda stuff.

• it depends...if he's just not a huge texter and that's his normal response time for everyone, then no I wouldn't care. but if I know he has his phone out texting frequently and he doesn't respond then yeah it bugs me. I take it like "oh I don't' care enough about you to respond right away...you're not my priority right now" and assume you're just not into me that much. I mean, I don't expect an answer back in seconds or even in an hour...but 2 days says to me that you just don't care IF that isn't your typical text response time.

• Depends. If I'm just texting you to be "what's up?" it doesn't bother me. If I'm trying to figure out/make plans and you can't even send me a quick "hey I'm busy" or "maybe next time" yeah I'll be pissed. It takes 15 seconds and keeps me from waiting around on if you'll maybe get back with me...Now if you're talking about YOU making the initial contact- I don't really care. Yeah it's nice to know a guy is thinking about you and all, but I'm not going to take it personal if you don't contact me for a day or two. If you're trying to end a conversation- just be like "hey I gotta go, I'll text you later" or something. All it takes is, 15 seconds and you're showing great consideration for the other person.

• If it was just a guy that I liked, I'd be kinda bummed about it if he didn't text me or, actually if I texted him and he didn't reply back for a day or two, then yeah, I'd be bummed about that. I wouldn't wait around for two days, waiting for him to text me. If I wanted to talk, I'd text him. If he didn't reply, I'd think that he: A. Didn't want to talk and lost interest. or B. Something was wrong.

So if I made an attempt to make contact and got no reply, I'd wait and see. If he replied after two days, I'd ask if everything was okay. If he said "Yes." I'd be glad and let it go. I wouldn't pout about it or try to get them back. That's just childish.

• LOL. like? no. love? yeah I get mad. but it's not like I wouldn't hang out with them or anything because o may pout and be like oh I can't believe you didn't text mi but I don't really stay mad or anything just move past it after he says oh I'm sorry. can you forgive mi baby? and gives you that sad face. lol. It's not real anger though...lol.

• more disappointed ... but I defiantly know girls who would get pissed and do the payback thing.

if your gonna stop answering just say you have to go... she's not gonna text you again (she will feel desperate) and be the one to initiate the next conversation so she does feel like you might like her too

• I kinda get mad. I usually text them and they text back. Whenever they text me I'm happy. Some get mad when guys don't text them, I don't see the problem. Maybe you got something going on? When my friends freak out I tell them he can't be there for you every minute! He has his own life he has to worry about, not just you. I guess it might just be me... everyone else gets mad, I truly don't see a reason. He doesn't have to text me everyday! If its like a week I totally see why but for you a day or two really isn't a problem. I also don't see why she would not want to see you or hang out with you when you don't text her..

• It only bothers me based on the history. If a guy texts me once and a while, fine, that's the nature of the relationship. But if you constantly are talking back and forth and then all of a sudden stop, it makes me wonder if I said something that got him upset or if something changed.

• Absolutely - It is very annoying and quite a turn off.

It does depend on whether or not you have been sending frequent messages and then completely stop communication for days. Girls/ woman like consistency.

• yes absolutly ! do not do that thing if you really like her ! trust me ,

• Yes it makes me really upset when a guy doesn't do this. When we are having a great conversation and think things are going great then you don't respond back to me for a day or more I do think that something is wrong or that you are playing me. Right away my mind will start racing and I will think the worst has happened and that you don't like me anymore or that you probably have multiple girlfriends out there. Honestly when this happens to me and keeps happening..because one day turns into 3 and that turns into a week and a week turns into a month...when this ignoring game starts then I start ignoring..but my ignoring is for a lifetime. I won't respond back to you once it has gotten that far...seriously if you like a girl just text her stop playing games!

What Guys Said 1

• of course it bothers them...and that's what you want. keep you on her mind and wondering wtf is going on. if you wait to long, say 2 weeks, shell lose intreset. by not texting her first for a few days at a time that shows Independence and that your not needy. I can't stand when girls text me once a day everyday, I usually don't go for those ones. can't stand needy people