Why would he mention another girl to me?

So there's this guy I've been seeing for a few weeks. He's really nice, and he sort of isn't extremely popular with the ladies, but I find that sort of endearing. Anyway, he was out clubbing last night and sent me a message saying that he just had to fight a girl off him. I was kinda like "Huh? is he trying to big note himself? Why tell me that?"

When I asked him if she was attractive, he said yes she was, but he told her that he couldn't (hook up with her).

Its left me sort of confused. Why would a guy make a point of telling a girl he's seeing about another girl who hit on him? I found it especially weird that he said she was hot, but also that he couldn't hook up with her, instead of didn't WANT TO hook up with her. what's his deal? Is he trying to big note or something? It kinda just made me a little weird on him cause I don't really like that trait in a guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he was just having a conversation like omg this girl just tried to hit on me. You are the one who asked him if she was attractive, and since he's an honest person then he answered honestly. I have conversations with my boyfriend, and will mention if some guy hit on me and came on to me way to strongly. And he was letting you know that he could have hooked up with her, but he didn't because he wants you. SO in his own way he was trying to tell you he really wants you and not other girls. Of course, because he's a guy it didn't come out exactly right and made it seem that he was trying to act like a mack. But he really wasn't, in a round about way he was trying to compliment you, but failed!

What Guys Said 1

• Why do you find it especially weird that he answered your question honestly?

What Girls Said 1

• maybe he =/ didn't want to be dishonest about another girl comming on to him? and maybe that is what he meant? just worded it differently or badly?