Should I date him again?

I dated this guy twice who was really nice and caring. I was his first kiss and he told me he loved me. We have a lot in common and really enjoy hanging out together even when we are not dating. I think that I'm still in love with him. But he dumped me twice for no real reason and it hurt. I just can't get over him. I love him. I know he won't ask me out because he thinks that he will ruin my relationship with another close guy friend of mine who likes me. Should I say something to him about it and go back out with him? Please provide an explanation with your vote!

• Yes go back out with him.
  • No don't go out with him.
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• "But he dumped me twice for no real reason and it hurt."

I assume the first time he broke up with you, it hurt like hell. I assume he would know that. So why did he do it again for "no real reason"? How great can this guy possibly be if he hurts you for "no real reason"? Don't keep trusting him with your heart if time after time again he breaks it. Remember the old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"?

Also, I think there is always a reason for breaking up. It may be small, it may be stupid, but it's always there. Find out what the reason was.

I don't think you should get back together with him. You went out twice already, and it didn't work out. Third time's the charm? Not necessarily. What makes this time any different from the last two times? Find out why he broke up with you, and if it's something you can work on, work on it. But don't get back into a relationship if nothing has changed. It's just going to end the same way it did last time. It's like a cycle. If nothing changes or disrupts the cycle, it continues to go on and on.

You gave this guy a second chance. He screwed up. I don't think he deserves a third chance, but that's ultimately up to you. If you keep giving him chance after chance, eventually he'll come to understand that's how it will always be. He'll take advantage of it. Don't be the girl that will always be there waiting for her ex after he's broken up with her. If he realizes this, you could very well become his "back up." Don't demean yourself that way. Move on with your life and find someone who won't take you for granted.

What Guys Said 1

• If you still like him, then you should definitely talk to him about it. The absolute worst thing that people can do in any situation is to do nothing. At least try, and that's all that needs to be done.

What Girls Said 2

• hellz no

• no if he dumped you TWICE he will just use you and break your heart