Is this a brush off message?

what does it mean when a guy texts you after the date with ' I had fun. later."

Most Helpful Guy

• You know how you could solve this problem?

STOP USING TEXTS FOR RELATIONSHIP COMMUNICATION!

Texting is easily the worst possible way to communicate when emotional context is needed, as it certainly is anytime you're dealing with relationship topics. So stop using it and CALL each other, so you can at least hear the tone of voice they're using with you. Then you won't have to wonder these things.

• I didn't text him. He texted me that after the date and I was wondering what was up with it. Why bother texting me that if you already told me you enjoyed yourself before leaving

• It sounds like to me that he was just reinforcing the message "had a good time". I don't think the "later" means anything; it's probably just how he "signs off" normally.

What Guys Said 1

• Not enough information to know. If you felt like it went well text him back with "me too. let me know when you're free to meet again" or something. What he sent was sort of a non-message. Get the ball back in his court without sounding clingy or needy. That was a bad serve, to use the ball analogy.

What Girls Said 3

• i don't think so, I think usually guys who did not enjoy the date will not contact you afterward. he probably just meant talk to you later.

• Sounds like a brush off to me, the "later" part.

• =/ idk. seems like he had fun? or he was busy..didn't want to bother you..it's really hard to know the meaning sometimes...but it doesn't really seem meaningful. ahha.