How much is too much texting?

how much texting is too much when texting a girl? is there such a thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• YES there is too much. Too early, if you text her all day, every day, it's OBNOXIOUS. I don't want to feel like I have a responsibility to you before *I* decide that I want to have that responsibility. It's nice to text once a day, have a small conversation, and let it die. Keep her wanting more, don't overdo it. If you keep her wanting more, she may get a little annoyed, but as long as you keep initiating, you can keep her. But if you overdo it and she gets sick of you, you'll never get her, not even as a friend.

What Girls Said 9

• Too much texting is boring, why do people need to know every little detail? When they meet in real life, they have nothing to talk about, no news to share, I find it tiresome. If a guy had the time to text me all day I wouldn't find it cute, I'd find it too much, there is no need, pointless conversation. Fair enough if you're getting to know someone better but really, what happened to the days of good old face to face chats. I'd say 10 a day should be the maximum. If she knows she's on your mind, all day, every day..what's the fun in that? Keep her interested but at the same time don't be too over the top.

• well it depends on the girl

some text nonstop, others are more carefree about it

as a general rule, observe how she text you

how often, how long the messages are, how quickly she responds ect

that will tell you how she likes to text, and you can adapt to her style

the only times I can say a guy has texted me too much is when I don't respond in less than 5 min and he resends the message he sent like 7 times... honestly give me some time, I might have been busy or whatever...or when I don't respond at all yet he will still text me every hour, everyday. (honestly get the hint)

BASICALLY don't be too clingy, it gets weird, text her only as much as she texts you :)

• It's too much texting when:

- she stops answering the last 5 texts

- she tells you: "you text me too much"

- she makes jokes about you stalking her

- you think you text her too much

- she gets a new number and doesn't give it to you because you text too much

I think that's pretty much it? ^^

• I don't think there can ever be enough for a girl XD Most of the time my friends are freaking out like "HOLY CRAP HE DIDN'T RESPOND TO ME. WHAT DO I DO. AGH." or "WHAT THE HELL DOES HE MEAN BY 'Okay'?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

So, never too much as long as she likes you.

If she is not interested... a single text message is too much sometimes.

• u can never text too much to a girl :) most guys, actually all guys I know hardly text even if they say they're major texters.. compared to any girl guys hardly text.. so no, no such thing as textign too much to a girl you like!

• In terms of texting her first... Same.

Dude, when a guy initiates text conversations, it is the most godly thing ever.

It can never be done too much!

• No! If you like her, and you know that she likes you, it's NEVER too much :)

• I think every day is too much. Sometimes I like to be able to initiate. But a lot of girls like the constant stuff. So it really just depends.

• Depends on your connection with her or lack of.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't know how much is too much. If the texting is fun and flirty keep it going. If your gut feeling tells you she's getting cold send something like "hey I gotta run Ttyl". Don't be rude but end it in a way where she has to be polite and say "goodnight" or "thanks". Then leave it alone... Resist the urge to say "you too". Just let it be... Then give it time and in a few days text her again. It's always good to end on a high note. The next time you text her be bold and ask her out. If she's been thinking about you, she won't say no.

• Some pretty vague damn answers if you ask me. This will work for all girls. You have to be in control of when the texts end. Instead of you texting her bored when she only replies with "K" or "Lol" and that's it. You have to be the one to end the responses randomly. Don't reply with that "K" or "lol" bullsh*t cause that's just damn rude and annoying. Once you do this first, this is where you can worry about who text who first. If she's craving your attention, she'll be the one to text you first a majority of the time. If she's not texting first at the moment, wait for her to start initiating the texts then take that ball out of her court. Looking at Wishing Star's post, you want to make girls think like that when you "accidentally" don't respond. You really need to be sporadic with this texting crap. Completely random so you keep the girl guessing. Good luck with it man, hope this works.

• so I stop texting her until she texts me first and if she doesn't move on...? that seems counter productive

• She will move on if she's not into you, she'll text you first if she see's something in you as a friend or more...Its a way to get clarity on the given situation. It may seem counterproductive but its how you play the game. When you do this, you will be in a winning position no matter what...you either get her to crave your attention or she'll move on and you can stop wasting your time with this chick

• Depends. But I've found every day is way too much, I'd say every 2-3 days at the least is a safe-ish bet. I guess it all just depends on age, social circles and personalities. Just judge it by what you feel is right

Ps: when they start to tell you their secrets, either back off and hope you're not too deep in the friendzone or find another girl.

• When you friend zone yourself.

• There is such a thing

You have to use your judgement with her.

Some girls like texting throughout the day while others don't; and prefer to have a light convo

Obviously don't constantly text her or remind her that she forgot to reply. (I don't do that unless its something serious we spoke about)

Good Luck Bro!

• I say when you've read more about the person than you've heard from them.

• use your own discretion, everyone is different

• every 2 minutes constantly texting her non stop, let her breathe