Is it a bad thing to suggest a second date with a guy?

I recently went on a date and he took me to a really really nice restaurant. I was already nervous because it was a first date and the fact that it was such a nice place added even more pressure. I initiated conversation after the date because I wanted to thank him again for buying me dinner (I know all those dating rules you should wait for the guy to message you back, but I wanted to let him know that I appreciated it and felt this was the polite thing to do). I felt that I may have rambled a bit during the first date because I tend to talk a lot when I am nervous. So I suggested that we hangout again if he is up for it and do something more low key like an activity (I am more comfortable getting to know someone in a low key setting because I find it less intimidating and easier to relax and be myself). I am wondering if suggesting we go out again was a good idea? And if I should mention to him that if he noticed any rambling it was because I was nervous.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm try a sport or walking, something little. It sounds stupid but the less though put into it normally turns out better. As for the rambling, you don't have to bring it up. You can if you want but it's not necissaru at this point. Hope this helps, goodluck.

What Guys Said 4

• not at all!

• Nothing wrong with sending a quick text-say thnx I had a lovely time and look forward to our next date.

• Go for it.

• Kudos to you for being forward with him. I think your suggestion was a good idea. But I wouldn't bring up the rambling. What's done is done, no sense in bringing it up. If you do catch yourself rambling again, just say, "I'm sorry, I'm rambling." He'll understand if he's a decent guy. Sound like you're doing fine. Best regards.

What Girls Said 0