Have any of you guys become a better person thanks to a woman?

Has there ever been a girlfriend or a partner

whose affection has given a sense of security and balance,

someone who has made you want to be a better person?

Most Helpful Guy

• Every woman I have been with has made me a better man, directly or indirectly. That's part of the beauty of women, getting to know each of you is like an adventure haha. I've had great relationships and disastrous dating experiences but each woman taught me something about myself and about women. I've learned what I like in a woman, what I'm willing to tolerate and what I'm not willing to tolerate. I've shaped and built my standards over the years as I've dated different women. I've learned that a woman isn't, can't, and shouldn't be my sole source of happiness; she is rather a beautiful catalyst for happiness, an angel, friend, and companion to share and experience the sorrows and joys of life. Women have taught me that I can't love them until I first love myself. My last girlfriend taught me that I need to think clearly where my lire is at and make sure I don't had too much going on in my life before I commit to a relationship. Another girl taught me that I shouldn't ever settle when it comes to women and to take my time finding a good one. The list goes on!

What Guys Said 18

• I can't say its really happened to me but then again, I don't consider myself to be someone in need of major reform.

But I have seen on occasion, guys make full 180's because of a girl. One of my good friends was in a really dark place but after meeting his current GF, he's upbeat, happy, stopped doing drugs, and goes to church.

So yes it can happen.

• Yes of course there's a woman behind my success today whatever I am is because of her ...Thnks Mom love u

• Yes a woman has made me a better person. She has helped me change my focus from once a big party person to one who focuses on getting things done and finds fun doing other things.

• No, not really, not in the way you're describing. Maybe in some aspects, like I'm more likely to keep my feet groomed when I'm with somebody. I do learn a lot from people that I spend time with though.

• I have never got in a relationship before, but I learn a lot from the girls that I hang out with, but did not develop into a relationship(because either of us lose interests). I learn a lot more about myself, my strength and about love.

• not me because I've never dated before, but apparently, almost all girls expect guys to be so damn independent, as in be comfortable and content being single

• Having my heart broken for the first time in my life helped me develop a lot of character.

• Woman -- sense of security

A contradiction in terms.

• That's a bit cynical. I'm sorry. :(

• Not cynicism. Reality.

What it means is that it's the man's role to provide a woman with security. He must draw strength from within.

• I think it goes both ways, both people give and both people take,

otherwise it's not really a relationship anymore.

• Yeah of course.

My Mother and my two Sisters.

• of course

• Yes, of course.

• Happened to me, so it's possible! :)

• Yes I became WORSE!

• No, not really.

• Yup. Although a lot of things were very weird in my relationship a while ago, one thing was certain - she did help me become a much better person. I think we both grew from the experience and I have a lot of respect for her. She helped me become more confident, more able to handle difficult situations, and a much better listener. In fact, just today some of the things I learned from our relationship helped me to sort out a fight my parents were having, and although the argument isn't nearly over, I at least was able to finally get them to actually listen to each other for the first time in a very long time.

• well I did become a much better person thanks to my Ex-gf, but not for any of the reasons you mentioned. She cheated on me and then left me for another guy. It was the worst day of my I've ever experienced but little did I know that it would be the turning point in my life. When you are at rock bottom there is nowhere else to go but up. It took me months to get out of my misery, but from that I became a much stronger, much more confident, much more well rounded human being. I felt like I've grown up more in the 9 months of the breakup then 5 years together with the cheating ex. I now know exactly what I want in life and in love, have more confident than ever, and I enjoy living life.

• Nope, not at all. On the contrary, the only girl I've been with caused me to relapse and spiral into a deep depression from which I still haven't broken free.

• Allowed me to be more open emotionally.

What Girls Said 1

• I've had a couple of mean, selfish bitches make me a better woman because they made me stronger, smarter, tougher, and more compassionate: because I never wanted to make another female feel as terrible as they made me feel.

I've been fortunate enough to meet a guy who was so wonderful that he made me work towards a better person thanks to his presence in my life. Or maybe I just idealize his memory and excuse all of the negative things he ever did. Basically: A guy came into my life who was so special and held so much value in the simplest of ways that it made me look at my own life, choices, and self and realize that I'm not the type of person I could be. Not the type of person he deserved. Lots of change happened after I met him <3