Had one night stand with the best friend of the guy I'm interested in...

OK, so basically I have a thing for this guy, we've been flirting with each other and talking lots the past few weeks, but that's about it. He used to hook up with one of my friends, not anymore though. All our group was hanging out, drinking partying etc. One thing led to another and I slept with this guys best friend.. (Yes I know terrible way to show someone you care, it happened I regret it, nothing I can do now, and I am not trying to make excuses for myself, but we were all very drunk and my 'crush' was flirting with the girl he used to hook up with). So the guy I am interested in was upset the next day, I am making the assumption that he assumes we hooked up, I think it was fairly obvious that was going to happen. In my defense I didn't fully realize he was actually interested in me, thought it was mostly harmless flirting. He was pretty mad/upset but I did end up seeing him a few days later and he never said anything, and we seem to be back on track .. But basically my question is, if he continues to be mad/upset and maybe won't want to progress any further, what can I do to fix this? I mean, he's slept with my friend, so can he really be that mad at me, especially since we were nothing to begin with, but now I want it to be..

Most Helpful Guy

• If he is upset, why? I'm sorry, I thought we were adults. A crush isn't going together. You hooked up, he knows, big deal. If you are in a relationship, he can be upset. Not here. If he is, well, there are other guys.

If he can't let it go, let him go.

I don't see how the friendship works in.

What Guys Said 4

• To me it seems like it pointless for either of you to be together. How serious could you two really be If he's still flirting with your friend? Them hooking up in the past, what does it really have to do with the present of you liking him? Hooking up with his best friend by "accident" to justify that is silly. Honestly you kind of just like blew it.

• You broke a cardinal rule. Do you think the friends aren't going to keep tabs on which girls they've done what with? You blew your chance with the other guy. My only advice is to never sleep with a guy's best friend in the future. Cut back on the booze and you might find your self-control raised. No guy, including myself, would just "forget" that. It screams slutty. Hey, you can make mistakes, but hopefully you'll learn from this one. Instead, try finding another guy, as I don't think you have anything to salvage here.

• The quicker you sleep with him...the quicker he will forget everything else. If you are good in bed...he will be worshiping you before you know it.

• I wouldn't talk to a girl that hooked up with my best friend, but he hooked up with your friend. So it balance out. He is probably hurt by you doing that. He has feelings towards you.

answer mine please? link

What Girls Said 2

• Why did you ask this question again? The answers will always be the same: you screwed the wrong guy, blew your chances with the other guy, move on. Why would a guy want a girl who's best friend knows what its like to sleep with? Not to mention his best friend got it first, which adds more salt to the wound. Think about it. Yea he hooked up with one of your friends but that was b4 you two started talking, doesn't even count. Next time man up and get the right guy, if you can tell who that is through your inebriation. It also sounds like you did this to get back at him for flirting with his ex in front of u. Mature a little more too while your at it.

• So you slept with is friend and he slept with your friend, but you like each other. What a mess.