Should you date someone who is like your ex?

Recently I've been having dreams about my ex girlfriend. I miss her a lot but I know I could never in this whole world get back with her. Two days ago I met a girl who not only acts like her but looks like her also. What should do? I'm afraid ill f*** up again but this could also be a chance to try again.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because an ex is an ex for a reason. If they're too much alike in personality, I'd steer clear. Being alike in looks isn't such a big deal if they're totally different people. You say she acts like her too though, so I'd advise you to either avoid her or proceed with extreme caution, and be ready to bounce if she's TOO much like your ex. It's not 'getting a second chance' because they are NOT THE SAME PERSON, and you dating her just because they're similar isn't fair to her because you don't like her for who SHE is, what sets her apart from 'all the other bitches'. You'd basically be using her. Yeah you may come to really like her eventually for whatever reason, but how do you think she'd feel if she knew your initial reasons for approaching and wanting to date her. She might be like your ex, for good or for bad, but no one deserves that. You can't replace your ex with some clone, this 'clone' is her own person, not some object you can use to 'try again' with your ex without actually being with her.

What Girls Said 3

• well there not the same person so they will have differences. I say if you like her and she likes you then give it a shot, it's not like if you mess up you're going to die..

• no, not at all!

• Nope. I would like to try something diffdrent than my ex

What Guys Said 1

• I'd avoid the same type, to be honest. So many people fall into a pattern, and almost always...the result is the same, you'll get dumped!

So be nice to her, but be careful and take it slow so you are sure she doesn't have the same character flaws!