Are you for or against dating multiple people at one time?

And state your reasons if you can. I'm for it, because I like to have my options open.

Most Helpful Guy

• Uhm... In Haiti, they generally don't marry, they have something that isn't recognised by the state called 'plasaj' - basically, it's holy marriage and from them you make a family, but it's never expected to be permanent. It's not uncommon for both a man or a woman to have over 10 plasaj unions in their lifetime. Now, further than this... A man might have 10 plasaj unions with 10 women, each time bearing a child. Those 10 women have too had 10 plasaj unions, each bearing a child - those 10 mean each have too had 10 plasaj unions, etc. etc. The ENTIRE nexus, the great roadmap of children that are born from this wild net of love affairs, all consider each other siblings. Now, it's very rare that the numbers would get that high, but that's the way it goes, and they all see each other as siblings and quite often live in the same place when they're alright to live on their own.

Which isn't relevant, but this explains my opinion; replacing Siblings with Lovers. That's my idyllic sex-love society; how all those relative people think of each other as siblings, I want so many relative romancers to all look at each other with lovers.

Am I alright with DATING multiple people at one time? I won't even settle for orgy!

What Guys Said 7

• Depends at what state in the relationship it is. The first few dates are simply trial and error and I have no hick-ups about it. Also depends on the girl. Some times you just know when a relationship is going to form right from the first date. If that's the way it is I see no point in seeing other women but I wouldn't be offended if I felt that way and later found out she had others.

• If things are in the absolute early stages of dating and nothing is made "official", "exclusive", or whatever you want to call it, I think both parties should have the option to spend time with more than one person at that time, if they so choose. It takes learning about and getting to know different people before you can best choose who is right for you.

Now, if someone is already in an established relationship *and* still wants to see other people on top of that...well, that's a whole other story.

• I am absolutely against it. If you liked the person after the first date, why you need another? Otherwise why would still go out with him if you do not like?

• Against.

In my eyes dating multiple people simultaneously is the same as cheating.

Imagine the future that you're already married - how would you feel about the fact that your spouse was dating other people at the same time apart from you? It doesn't include exes.

Doing such thing essentially means not paying enough respect for all of those people.

• When I'm just meeting people, if I have the time I will set up dates with multiple girls. Once I'm into a particular girl, then I'll just date her and work on developing that relationship.

• You can stop down voting all the people that are open to meeting new people. Don't worry they don't want to date someone as insecure as you anyway... O_o

• Zing! Seriously though, agreed totally.

• what do you mean dating? there's no dating. there is just f***ing. and yes.

• It is date prostitution. Disgusting in every case

• It's disrespectful. Guys is not dresses to try out and eventually buy one.

• Ja nisam jugovcic. Ti si o ito Hrvat koji je nadut I misli da je sve to zapad izmisli sjajno. E pa nije.

• I am for it.

Until he and she have a conversation about dating exclusively, then I think it should be assumed that you're seeing other people.

• Where goes the world, especially the West? In total prostitution?

• What makes you think that after *one* date, I would know enough about a person to decide if I wanted to sleep with them or have a relationship with them?

It's just a date. At most, you'll find out you have some things in common and maybe have a laugh or two. That's not enough to suddenly go "Let's get committed to each other! Fast!"

Being sensible, doesn't mean the world is a brothel.

• Agreed with Anonymous.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm for it. Until there has been said "we're exclusive" than I don't see the problem. I've been in this situation before where I thought I was "exclusive" with a guy then I would end up hurt or upset when it didn't work out. Then I decided that I'm going to stop assuming things till they are officially said and that it's going to work both ways.

• If you are leading people into thinking they are the only one, then yes I am against it.

If you are open with the people you are dating,

that you are doing this and they aren't the only one.

Then I'm for it! Because you aren't

lying, cheating, or betraying anyone.

• Multiple dating = wider variety.

How can you be sure that one person you are dating is relationship worthy?

You can't, which is why you have more than one to choose from.

When one of the person(s) you are dating becomes exclusive with you, then its a whole different story.

• Depends on if you are just going on dates with several people or if you are having casual sex with all of them. When a relationship becomes serious enough to have sex you need to tell the other person that you have others too. If you don't, then in my opinion, you are cheating.

• I personally am a one on one girl, when I'm interested in a man I'm not interested in others.

• Against, one is enough. I don't need to be thinking about multiple guys.

• I'm for it but I wouldn't do it for longer than a month, I would be completely honest with all the guys involved and I wouldn't sleep with any of them.