Have you ever felt like you'll never meet "the one?"

Maybe this is just depression talking, but has anyone else ever had the feeling that they will just never meet the person that "completes them?"

I'm only 24, but I feel like I'm getting older and maybe even less attractive and I'm kinda shy with girls. Point being, right now I kinda feel like I'm gonna live and be like this forever.

Has anyone ever felt like this? Do I have any reason to?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, some people never find it. I've looked and tried, and when you finally find someone that you love, some unfortunate crap that they bring in that makes things impossible. And your left heartbroken. It happens to lots of people. Or they also settle. And very few find it.

What Girls Said 3

• Ya I've thought that for a while. Just learn to be happy on your own, travel, spend time with friends etc. If you meet someone, well then great. If not, you're already living a killer life =)

• yes because it's hard to find someone you can have the mental, emotional, and physical connection with while being best friends as well as lovers

• I don't worry about it.

What Guys Said 2

• We're the same age, but I used to worry about it when I was younger. I didn't want to finally settle down and have children in an older age. I feared I wouldn't have the energy or time to enjoy it all. Of course, it didn't take me long to realize that it's definitely not all it's cracked up to be.

I really don't believe in "the one". I think it was something fabricated to make the lonely feel hopeful. In my view, the one should be one's self. After all, that's the most important person in someone's life. Also, the most important person you should receive love from. Then, we find ourselves being damaged and dragged down when we think we've found "the one" or search for it.

• I think I found the one, too bad she lived/lives in another county and is now married to the same guy she almost cheated on with me. Finding the "one" and not being able to be with her/him is just as bad as never finding them at all.

• Dude...don't be a "homewrecker" And something to think about, if she cheated with you, she'll cheat on you

• I did find who I though was "the one" and a homewrecker turned her into a cheater. She was a person who could make her own decisions, so she is mainly at fault, but point being the guy she left with was incredibly disrespectful to me and my relationship with her.

• So you made the same mistake I am willing to make lol. The way I see it is if am not willing to be a homewrecker there is ZERO chance of being with her, however if I am then the chance rises significantly even if it is a .1% chance it ends well I think it's worth it...I haven't seen or spoken to her in years so for right now it doesn't seem as if I can do anything anyway. Sorry to hear about your story that really does suck bro and I wish you the best!