GUYS: when you ask a girl how are you AND about her day?

I was texting my guy friend and didn't know what to say so I just asked "how are you?" and he replied and asked how I was and then I replied. But then like 3 texts later after I said something (that honestly wasn't very replyable) he said "did you have a good day?" why did he ask this? isn't it almost the same as how are you? also, guys when texting a girl do you try to match her texts as far as enthusiasm, like smilies\emotions\exclamation points cause the last two convos he's sent the same amount as me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really see it as identical questions. "How are you?" is asked to know how are person is doing at that very moment. "Did you have a good day?" is a way of finding out if anything interesting happened.

As far as emoticons go, I don't try to match her. It would kinda make me look like a parot who doesn't have the sense to think of anything else to say.

What Guys Said 1

• because we want to know in a more in depth way how your day was, most girls say "oh my day was ok" but there was something that really pissed them off that day, but they aren't going to bug the guy with it. it's also a pretty common early sign that he likes you... so just a heads up there.

What Girls Said 1

• maybe since he couldn't reply to what you had sent him...he wanted to continue the conversation and that's what he thought of. it is slightly different than "how are you?"