Will men pursue a girl even if they know she is taken?

Do you do this or know a guy that does this?

Do they really like the girl or is it just to be with her no strings attached?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some men will do this because they are womanizers and don't really care if the woman is attached or not. And, yes, some will feel that if a woman is married or in a serious relationship, she won't be able to put demands on them for a relationship and that suits them fine.

Others may do it in a one-off situation because they believe the girl is unhappy in her relationship and they want to be her white knight. Those deals usually end with the guy feeling pretty crummy because the girl either stays or goes back to the jerk she is with or the girl is just a serial cheater looking for her next target.

Overall a guy who pursues a girl who is taken should not be trusted.

• Yea, I was thinking the more womanizing situation cause I don't know why you would continue to text someone who was clearly taken and happy.

• Womanizers come in all flavors. Some men get a huge ego boost stealing a woman away from another man. After the thrill wears off they leave you in the dust and move on to their next target. Unfortunately we see all these romantic movies that make you think that when a guy is really persistent it means he loves you but how can a guy love you who doesn't even know you. He could only be in love with your looks or his belief in who you are, not in the real you.

What Guys Said 15

• Yes.

Most people do it, at one point in their lives or another. I think it's part thrill of the chase, and part attraction to something you can't have.

Many times it's almost as if there's some rivalry between the men. I'd assume girls fight over guys too, of course. But I've had guys who hated me for whatever reason go after the girls I was interested in, just to see if they could score some points in a game only they were playing.

Some small mind-(or other organ)-ed men only feel power's rush if they are beating another man at something. Putting them down makes him feel taller, smarter, cuter, richer, whatever.

So it's either competition, or he's really into her and doesn't care how it makes the other guy feel. But it happens every day. That's why we tell you "I trust you, I just don't trust the other guy(s)."

• I did once. Only because the guy she was with (according to her stories) treated her like a second class citizen. Like the song says "I would buy you a new life" she chose to stay with him & be his a$$.

maybe the stories were exaggerated? Why would she stay?

• Maybe she was just looking for attention?

• Looking back I think that you are partially correct & she was looking for a free meal ticket. According to her he never took her out so I tried to rake her to nice restaurants for dinner or lunch. We did have good conversations.

I was proud to be seen with her & you're right she probably did like the compliments.

She did fix her hair & put on a lot of makeup for me (I like girls all painted up)

That's what really confused me.

• Generally no. Guys don't waste their time on girls that they know are taken. The only exception would be if the guy was a player so was confident he could steal her away, or that he was just so head over heals for the girl, that he waits and holds out hope for when the day comes that she and her current Boyfriend break up.

• some will but maybe not try as hard as if she were single as there is little chance of success if she's taken but some will still try to get her attention anyways

• Nope, why go after something you can't have. I think a lot of the time that only happens in the movies.

• Personally, I won't. If she's taken, she's taken and that's the end of it.

• most of the time its just no string attached type thing.. cause I have done it many times.. some times it a bet or something and I would have to appoach it I wanna get paid lol

• For the most part, no.

• no I don't want to go after someone I can't have

• Nope.

• Maybe...

• nope, that is a waste of time for me

• never, it would be a waste of time

• Yep. I know guys that do not care. So many unmarried girls wear rings on their ring fingers these days that a ring means nothing now anyways. As a single guy I have learned rings mean nothing. Personally I don't chase a girl unless I like her but some guys do purposely chase girls that are married so there won't be strings attached.

• If you were taken, I'd still try and stuff you.

What Girls Said 1

• Some a**holes will yes don't know why but maybe because

They love the thrill of the chase

They want what they can't have

Who better for a one night stand, than a woman they know won't be chasing them down

They have the "prestige" of pulling another guys girlfriend

She suddenly becomes desirable because she's proven girlfriend material and the guy wants to show "I can get her too"