How do guys react when you call them out on their crap?

So he broke up with me 2 days ago because he cheated on me while he was really drunk at a party. He has wanted to quit drinking before, but now that he lives in a Frat house his drinking has increased, and it started to really scare me. So I finally wrote him an email yesterday calling him out on all this, saying that ever since he has moved into the Frat house he's changed and started to drink more, and how he is lying to his counselor and the people that are offering him free tuition, but he has to keep sober and he is lying to them about this. I am scared he might hate me now. But I hope later in a few months he will realize I was right. What do you think?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on the guy and whether he is assertive or passive or passive aggressive or if he's very charming and can charm/manipulate his way out of a situation like that as well as what his intentions with you are.

I don't think you should be scared of him hating you. He's the one who messed up! He cheated! Why should YOU be scared about him hating you? You didn't be disloyal to him and go out and cheat on him. However, some things are better said on the phone or to someone's face. Had I been in your position, I would have said the message to his face because I think with him being able to hear your tone and see the look in your eyes and on your face, it resonnates more than just pixels and letters on a screen. I would have just said something casually in a convo like "You've changed so much since you joined that fraternity; drinking and partying all the time. Don't be a sheep, have a mind of your own."

• Guys just get mad and try to flip it around on you, when you call them out on sh*t. Its a defense mechanism. For this guy, you're young. Obviously he needs to get his priorities straight. There's plenty of fish in the sea.