Would you tell a guy you have standards when it comes to dating

would you ust play sweet with a dude...or put it out there that you date only specific guys...wat is the ryt thing to do ?

Most Helpful Guy

• I DON'T KNOW, TRY TURNING OFF CAPS LOCK!

Anyways, it is good to have standards, but it doesn't necessarily need to be advertised. It might even be rude to express them if you are saying something like "Sorry, you are below my standards."

My suggestion is that you go sweet with the guy. If he fits your standards, move on with him. If he doesn't fit your standards, then you don't need to say anything. Showing that you are no longer interested when he calls you the next day is enough.

In other words, have standards, but don't share what they are.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah, personally I have been upfront about the few expectations/standards I have had before becoming someone's BF, and I always hoped for them to be so forward with me. Some people are very put off by it, but my communication skills have not always been so great, but it's better than breaking hearts down the line. If you're upfront with someone then it's less likely to broadside them down the road and improves your odds of finding "the one" also you spend less time trying to figure out if you two are right for each other. I wish you the best of luck in finding a suitable suitor! =)

• IF I WERE IN YOUR SHOES I WOULD PROBABLY TELL THE GUY THAT I ALREADY HAVE A BOYFRIEND, THAT OR THE "RAGING HOMOSEXUAL" EXCUSE USUALLY MANAGES TO GET BY PRETTY WELL TOO.

• So.. you go out having dates with someone, and only then think about your standards?

The thing is - it's perfectly OK to have standards (as long as you hold them to yourself, f.a. if you want someone who is slim and not overweight you must be slim as well)

..but you don't speak about them once there's already a date. Accepting a date means accepting the other person as fitting to your standards.

If someone doesn't fit to them, you don't date them, makes sense, doesn't it?

What Girls Said 1

• if you like him don't tell him you have standards & if he isn't your standards don't talk to him.