Guys- do you only initiate texting with girls you are interested in?

Can't tell if this guy likes me.

he initiated texting two days in a row teasing me about something. He was joking that he had talked to a particular person we work with about something. However- I know for a fact that that perosn was not even working those days he texted me. So he never talked to that person but said he had.

So he was just making an excuse to text me. It means he was thinking about me I guess :)

I know that sounded confusing but basically someone we work with told me some dirt on another co-worker, I then told my crush (bc I knew he would never tell anyone) and I told him-- do not bring this up again. and then each time he was at work he pretended that he was going to spill the beans

Most Helpful Guy

• For the most part, yes I only initiate conversation, not just text, with a girl first if I'm interested. I want to get to know her better and talk, so I contact her. There are times of course when I text someone just to say hello or when something's being organized amongst friends, but what differs from the other kind of communication is the flirting obviously.

Sounds like this guy is definitely interested, he even told you what he was up to!

• After he texted me, later in the convo I asked him if he was bored at work without me (bc the previous day he said I should stop by because nobody was there). He said "not today because I have ___, ___ and your non-crush. (he teased me about liking this guy but I made it clear I DID NOT like him!)" and I responded with "I see that I am easily replaced" and he said "No you're not, you're still my fav lol"

• Well how can we get to the next level--- where he asks me out!?

• Unless you want to be the one who asks him out, it's in his hands. The way things are though, seems like if you just keep talking/flirting it'll happen.

What Guys Said 7

• You got me? I am not really sure what his angle is, he may just be having fun with you, seeing how you react every time he pretends to do that or maybe he is making excuses to actually be able to talk with you. I am not sure because he could just be doing it out of boredom, the best way to test it is to not respond to his text for awhile and see what happens. If he seems to get frustrated that your not responding it is because he likes you, if not he was just having fun.

• Good point. But how would I know if he was getting frustrated?

• For the most part yes, we only text girls we find interesting. That could only mean as someone we would like to hook up with or it could mean someone we would like to get to know better. Either way he doesn't text you just because your fun to talk to. Good Luck!

• thanks that's what I'm hoping

• What is this texting of which you speak? Is that like the myface, or tweeter? I just give them my pager number and tell them to accept collect payphone calls.

I usually only give my pager number to girls I like, so I guess that must be the same for this telephonic typography thing.

• Soooooo,he probably's into you :>

About your question,yeah,most of the time I start texting only when I'm interested in a girl(either in a friendly or a -somethingmore- way).

• well obviously I mean interested as in "a somethingmore way" not friendly! I don't want to be friends with him. I want to be something more!

• I would say so, most guys I know wouldn't make an excuse to text a girl unless he was interested. I definitely wouldn't.

• So,go ahead and make your move!Calling him and asking him to hang out in the weekend would be great.

• I have a girl who likes soccer as do I so when there's a good game on I intiate asking if she watching the game, if I wanna go to a movie ill intiate. Girl I like usally gets one of those random texts just asking what's up and attempting to start a conversation. They often mask it by asking about some thing like a test but after one or 2 texts about that the conversation veers of to other things like you gonna go to tims part for example

What Girls Said 0