When it comes to dating do you settle?

Do you actually go after people you genuinely like, or do you just go out with anyone who's willing to go out with you? Why do you if you do?

• I settle because I feel I have to.
  • I don't settle, but I do give anyone a chance.
  • I never settle.
  • I never thought about it before so I don't know.
  • When is meebo coming back?

Most Helpful Guy

• let's see what he has to say about this link

• I'm so awesome I have to settle cause nobody is as cool as me lol. Best answer Angie :p

What Guys Said 12

• I have standards and by now I feel I have a good idea of what I want. At the same time, I always give everyone a chance as long as I'm not completely repulsed by them. Just because they aren't my dream girl as soon as I meet them doesn't mean that can't end up being that person. Plus, its not like I'm marrying them if things don't work out, we'll just break up, no harm, no foul.

I was also taught a lesson a few years back that has stuck with me and influenced my answer to this question. My first love and only girl I've ever really loved, I almost didn't date. I wasn't sure if I was attracted to her right away or if I should date her. My roommate insisted I just go for it, especially cus I had been single for a little while. I took his advice and decided to date her. In the first month or two I almost broke up with her because I just wasn't sure if I was feeling that spark. But I convinced myself to give it some more time. I'm glad I did because a few months after that I realized how amazing of a person she was and how well we clicked and I fell in love with her. All because I took a chance and dated someone I almost didn't want to right away.

• I used to settle, because I rarely found anyone I felt I would really click with and be attracted to. I figured, might as well give up on standards, since what I'm looking for probably doesn't exist.

Then I realized how girls were taking advantage of this. Having me run in circles because I would accept them for whoever they were, and I just wanted one person to accept who I was. I had already accepted them, but for them to accept me, I would constantly have to "show my stuff".

Now that I've acknowledged my standards, I realize that the problem is not in whether or not said girls exist, but rather, if I'm really in the best place to find them. As I meet girls in other areas or in different ways, I'm starting to find that travel may be my best bet for finding the relationship I really need.

Also, I no longer buy into the whole dating scene that involves catering to the girl because "her presence should be a gift" or whatever. You either place your respect and expectations on us as equals, or my attitude will push you in that direction.

• I have never settled because I think it's completely unfair to the girl. I want someone to be fully interested, and doing that to a girl would be hypocritical of me.

Actually, recently I had a dilemma where I was feeling down and had the chance. Turned it down, she's too good of a person for me to be half-heartedly stringing along, which is what I think settling is from the other perspective.

• I make it a point not to settle for anything in life, I definetely refuse to settle when it comes to women, especially since I'm a relationship kind of guy. Since I'm not looking for a quick thing, I usually have high standards for women and I have to genuinely like them on all levels.

• I never settle. I have standards for personality, looks, mindset/philosophy and lifestyle. They're not rigid but you have to stand for something. Also, go for what makes you happy and never settle because you feel that you'll never get something better. That would be a huge turn off and is a horrible mentality. I've found that we typically attract what we are. If there is a type of girl/guy you want to date, or someone specific, then you should look inward to see if those qualities (not just physical) are qualities you truly have or desire to have in yourself.

• I picked E but I've never been on a date so I couldn't really say.

I'm single by choice and am a little picky with personality not looks

• I like how only guys voted B so far. Stay classy, women... lol

• settle cause its hard to find something more pretty than me and if I do its usually on the cover of playboy xD

• idk I've never dated or tried to go out with someone lol ;p

• yeah because I'm inexperienced

• I go for girls I genuinely like, no matter how rare find they are, because all of my girlfriends have been only that kind of girls I was really into them!

As for going for random girls just for the sake of it, it doesn't work that way. I do consider myself as an attractive guy and I receive plenty of attention from girls, but somehow it doesn't work out at all with random girls, it's like they already know I'm only partially and not fully interested in them in the first place, and it makes sense as no girl wants to feel used or eventually dumped.

• I have to genuinely have interest in them. People never grow on me in the way that makes me have relationship oriented feelings for them, it's either there from the start or not at all. Also, I'm like a fat chick magnet for some reason which is odd since I'm actually attractive. I've never gone with one even though they'd probably let me do outrageous things to them but I have 0 interest in a girl with that figure. I'm fairly picky but I'll "settle" for a girl who doesn't meet all the "qualifications" I have if she's lacking a bit in a certain department.

• No wonder I'm strangely attracted to you...

• TRICKERY!

What Girls Said 7

• I think no matter what you do, you're going to have to settle. Very rarely are you ever going to find someone who is the total and complete package, it just doesn't happen. We are human beings with flaws and issues, some bigger than others. Eventually you just find someone who you get along with so well that all of it isn't as big of a deal.

So yeah, we all settle. We settle for less than the ideal because the ideal is pretty impossible,

• I never settle for anything less than I deserve. If I don't really have feelings for him, I won't give him a chance. And honestly, I don't think it's fair for the other person to be with someone who has just settled for them. Everyone needs to be with someone who genuinely wants to be with them, and not just for the hell of it.

• I would never date someone just because he's willing to go out with me. I would only date if I like him and if he likes me back.

• I date people that I genuinely like :)

• i won't settle but ill give them a chance...

• i never settle.

• I settle from time to time, but that's because I have low self esteem.