Do you prefer to call, text, or email someone?

Which method of communication do you use most? I like just calling people.

• Calling me is best
  • Texting me is best
  • Emailing me is best
  • Other method
Please say why you do.
I'm talking about before you meet with someone which do you prefer. so face to face is out
Why don't people actually like talking on the phone anymore?

Most Helpful Guy

• Calling, unless it's a short message like "I'll be there in 10 minutes"

I don't have time to type a whole conversation. Sometimes people read attitude into the written word wether it be text or email.

What Girls Said 17

• If it's someone I like to talk to, then I'm going to call. In fact, I got rid of most numbers of people who won't even text me back, let alone answer a call. The point is, that's how you know your true friends...they'll listen to your voice. Texting is for games or leaving a message.

Email, on the other hand, I use for extended family to send picture updates. Don't always want to talk.

• txting...so emotionless until you add >:c these ha ha but in all seriousness calling is one of the most excruciating things >_< I can't stand it...

Email...haha no my higher technology use ends at cellphones and expensive calculators.

I use my thumbs to communicate :1

• I text the most. There's only two people that I actually spend time talking to, so I'll call them and then for everyday mini-convos or when making plans I'll text. It's quick, you can be doing other activities while texting them, and it's easier to coordinate stuff with multiple people because 3-way dial is obnoxious

• It depends on the person =/ lol

• *pokes you* because some people I don't want to talk to so I rather text them instead of talk to them. If I like them or actually want to talk about something I prefer to call. =P

• In response to your update. smoke signals. =P you're so silly. A lot of people either email or whatever online and maybe text. No one likes to call unless it's important. usually. lol. I'd prefer to call =P

• I prefer to call. I don't know why, I just do. I find it easier :)

• depends, if I need to tell them something that happened ill call them, but other then that, id rather text.

• I use text for friends and calling for family

• for my mom and boyfriend I prefer calls, everyone else can text me

• because I like talking to them and I will always make time to do that. Everyone else usually texts me and I can multitask while I'm doing that.

• Call by phone its faster than txting 10 times

• I go with texting. I don't talk on the phone often because I'm not in control of how many minutes I can use since I'm on a phone plan with my parents with only so many minutes.

• text. I'm not really good at talking on the phone.

• Texting.

• Texting. Because I'm shy-ish and my friends won't shut up on the phone so I'm stuck there woth my ear going numb and email isn't as fast.

• I would rather talk to them in person... Calling is nice to, but it doesn't seem like most people do that anymore :/

• I like talking face to face.

• Txtinf

• alsdjflaksjdf neither, I like talking to them face to face only.

Call - no, the whole setting is off

Text - unimportant stuff

E-mail - boring

• :S fine. I'll go with a call.

• Both have to be available at the same time and since they might like talking on the phone more than I do, they might carry on and that's not how I like to spend my time. Txt/fb you can just leave a message when you want to and they can check it when they're free.

• Because face to face is just so much better that anything less is alksdjfldsf blleeeeeeeerg. That's my reasoning anyway.

What Guys Said 6

• Call. It's faster than texting, or emailing. It's more enjoyable (in my opinion) when I can hear the person. And it's kind of more secure/private. I mean, a text or an email can accidentally be sent to wrong people, or stolen by hackers.

• Instant message. Plans are easiest to make over text. I'm not scared of the phone, most people just don't like using it, so I rarely do. I Skype people all the time though.

• Texting or emailing.

That way they can respond whenever they get around to it, if busy. And then I can get back to them when I'm able to.

• I love texting and calling the most because you typically don't have to wait very long to talk with someone under normal conditions

• face to f***ing face talking... even though I am socially awkward and such, I really like to talk to them

• email

• because I find it easier to talk to people I mean I could send a really bad text fast and make a mistake where as if its email I could spend a few hours answering it right