Should I tell him I like him?

So there's this guy in my class that I really like. I've liked him for almost three years, off and on. (off when he was dating another girl, obviously..) Now that she cheated on him, and dumped him, somehow he's decided he still likes her and wants to get back with her. At least, I think that's what he wants. He tells me these things, and he's really confused. Yesterday, I accidentally told him in a text that I know how he feels, liking someone who probably doesn't know you exist. (that person being him.) He asked who it was, and I was tempted to tell him, but I didn't. Now I kinda want to, even tho I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me. What should I do, please?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think you should tell him. At least not right now while he's so messed up from everything that has happened. Give it some time and see what happens between them. You don't want to confuse him more and you don't want to be his rebound. Just be there for him and who knows. Maybe things will work out in your favor. Once he figures things out, then you can tell him how you feel.

• Go ahead and tell him who that lucky guy is. The worst thing he can do is turn you down. You could always suggest hanging out or going to see a movie or something, and then be upfront and let him know how you feel.

• I'm so afraid he'll never talk to me again if it turns out he doesn't like me. I like being his friend, and if I tell him, and he freaks out, I'll lose him. As both a friend, and...anything more... lol ;)

• If he's really a friend, then he won't let it affect your relationship. If he were to say no, just brush it off and go back to normal. Don't let it get awkward. Even if he doesn't reciprocate, he'll remember what you said, and may even start to see you in a different light. But you're getting ahead of yourself. Step one is filling him in on the details!