His saliva smells bad.

Last night I was with a guy, his saliva is smelling really bad.

He has the impression of a real gentleman, with a strong character and quite seducing, until we kissed. He kissed me on the lips, on the cheek, on the neck and I could not stand it anymore, I've started pulling him away. His tongue does not feel nice which I can stand, but the scent of his spittle is so strong and I could not stand it.

He could not understand why I pulled him away and he tried harder to seduce me which turned the night into a torture. Result: I did not want to have sex with him.

How do I explain this to him?

That I don't want him...

And is this something he needs to know? I mean would any woman be honest to him suchly?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he has halitosis, which can be prevented or at least controlled. There are a variety of factors that can contribute to it. One can find medical advice on the Internet, simple but effective methods to prevent or control it. Do you know this guy well? If not, is there a close friend or family member of his who can let him know about his halitosis? I think that would be easier. In any case, whoever tells him about it should do so in a polite yet honest manner. Best wishes.

• Nope. No links. no family members or friends, at least not in this current city we live. Chances are, I can tell him myself, would that be okay? And one last thing: is it contagious? Would it pass to me?

• Hope my Part 2 response helps. Best wishes.

What Guys Said 1

• I'll add to my previous answer and try to address your comment. Your profile says you're from Turkey, and I'm not familiar with the culture or customs there, so I cannot advise you whether or not it's acceptable for you to tell him yourself. However, it's not contagious (unless he has pneumonia or bronchitis, which can be one of the contributing factors of halitosis). Halitosis is mainly the effect of poor oral hygiene, certain foods, certain medications, post-nasal drip/chronic nasal allergies.

www .patient.co.uk/health/Bad-Breath.htm

www .webmd.com/oral-health/guide/bad-breath

www .emedicinehealth.com/bad_breath_halitosis/article_em.htm

• the guy is british. you can tell yourself ofc, regardless of customs, I was just concerned of offending him.

• Okay, that’s good to know. Your concern of offending him indicates you have the right heart :)

Maybe this will help link

I like the casual offering of mint approach. An honest approach to telling him might work too (if you know him well). “I don’t mean to be insulting, but I’m concerned about your oral health.” He would most likely be curious about what you mean by this, and you can then respectfully and gently explain it to him.

• As a last-ditch effort, have someone else send him an anonymous e-mail or other message about the diagnosis and treatment of halitosis.

Best wishes.

What Girls Said 0