Are things always going to be like this now?

So, I told a guy that I liked him and he revealed that he had liked me. However, it was at a really bad time as his mate had started to like me. So he said that because of that it looked like nothing could really happen between us. However, now things seem to be a bit awkward between us. He has a job handing out flyers and he needed a girl to help him out so he asked me but I don't know why?! And today as we took our break (me, him and another girl and guy) he would chat away but it was like he was deliberately not looking at me. He would only look at me whenever I was talking or asking him something. Why does he feel like he can't even look at me anymore?

What Guys Said 1

• The subject line reminds me of the Jack Nicholson movie "As Good as it gets" when he walks out of his shrink's office, looks at all the other patients waiting, and asks pretty much the same thing - what if this is all there is? What if this is as good as it gets?

Not really related, but anyway.

If you're waiting for him to make a move, it's really up to him. He has to decide if his attraction to you outweighs his worry over pissing off his friend. Having been in these situations a few times, I'd say he's probably going to think it over for a few more days, then make his move. It would help if he and his friend get in an argument or something, but they could just talk it out and decide to let the best man win.

• haha loved the irrelevant part! but yeah the mate who likes me has just flown to America (we are British) for 2 months so won't be around!

• so true, I'm giving that guy a chance :D

• It works out better this way for everyone, IMO. The guys can work it out better because the one you like is expected to fall for you. He's around you all the time, the other guy is away, and that wipes out any agreement they made. The other guy is most likely going to meet someone wherever he's gone off to. Go for it.

What Girls Said 0