A guy told me 70% of men don't fall in love, is it true?

I was at the gym today, and I was talking to these two guy friends, and the conversation went to relationships, one of them told me that 70% of guys don't fall in love, the majority of them only want lust. And it's very very rare if a guy ever falls in love.

I felt bad but if that's how it really is, I guess I got to start learning that life is not what I thought it would be, and be tough.

What do you guys think?

Not the same way? So then how?

Most Helpful Girl

• its true. guys don't give a f*** about girls for the most part its mainly about sex. girls grew up watching too much disney love stories and then go out thinking most guys are open to love like they are. bullsh*t most guys just wanna f***. girls you better wake up because that's how it really is. not saying guys never fall in love, but it is rare. they might be in love with one or 2 women their whole lives...that means the rest of the women they dealt with were mainly just for sex and convienience

a lot of guys will deny this because they don't want the nasty secret getting out but wake up and smell the coffee it is so true. that's why I don't mind being such a bitch and using guys because if they're planning on doing it to me without any thought why should I give a f***? lol

What Guys Said 12

• 100% disagree with that. You were at the gym, so its may be likely that you were talking to a couple jersey shore wanna be juice heads. Or in other words, not that all guys in the gym are bad (I go to the gym), your just more likely to fight the douche bag, womanizer types there.

Every man can fall in love if they meet the right girl. I just think now a days, many men feel its rare to find a girl who is worthy of his love, so instead he just uses her for sex. It's the male way of saying, I don't want to deal with this girls sh*t, so I'm just going to stick to f***ing her. No offense but the realty of it is, most girls annoy the crap out of men with all there drama and hormonal BS so many guys just throw in the towel and decide they're better off sticking to sex. But again, even those guys will change there mind when that one amazing girl crosses his path.

• I must be part of that 30% then... I am just as much into the connection we share as well as the "lust". I think that men and women TYPICALLY have different views on what love is but it all finds a way to work out so that both the male and female get what they want and if they don't then you move on until you do

• I wish it was true. But its not. Well at least for me it isnt.

Im basically a hopeless romantic. I always imagine being with the girl of my dreams and falling in love. I think that falling in love would be the best thing that would ever happen to me.

Unfortuanatly, there are many girls who break our hearts and sometimes when you break something, its VERY hard to pick up all the pieces and put it back together. So we go around confused, and every time we are given the oppertunity to fall in love, we think of our bad expieriance and ruin it.

Also, that is why we are afraid to approach girls becuase we all have had the one girl who we "loved" that rejected us. So we protect yourseleves by not approaching unless we know 100% we won't get rejected.

Honestly, I think every guy would like to fall in love, and is capable of it. It just takes that special girl to take his hand and show him what it means to fall in love, and be there for him through the good and bad.

Thats something girls really don't know, and I think guys would have such an easier time if girls understood this.

• I think it's false, but I can't speak in the name of all men.

Also that number.. 70% .. it doesn't sound plausible, it seems like made-up, from where are those statistics? Who did the research, how it was done? You see where I'm pointing at.

• yes, you just want to enjoy the girl..it is biological..

• Umm...was this guy high?

• if so, those %70 are very very lucky and I envy them

• Bullsh*t. Tell him to speak for himself.

• I wouldn't say 70% maybe 40?, 50%?. But guys just feel different about love then woman do.

• Sounds about right. We love and seek sex first and foremost. Falling requires much more than wanting to f***. 70% might even be underestimating it. That's just the truth.

• 86% of statistics are made up on the spot. 70% is just a random number he pulled out of his butthole. Young guys (early college aged) tend to want to have fun rather than jump into a serious relationship so maybe that's what he's trying to explain. I know when I was 18 and in college I wasn't looking for anything like that, I wanted to party and have fun and live the life. But towards the junior/senior years I started to tone down and now I'm searching for something more long term.

• Men fall in love, they just need a women that dose it for them. Girls that know how to treat men will find a man that will love them. Selfish girls that want too much from their man will not.

What Girls Said 7

• Lemme guess, your friend was like in his 20's huh?

Yea, for those young years when hormones are screaming at you to reproduce because women are genetically at our prime fertility years -

of course men are going to be more concerned with breeding than coupling - hell tons of women are more concerned with breeding than coupling at this time as well.

It's kind of silly to expect men to be dying to fall in love at such an age.

Men inherently seek sex because they are the more sexually proactive race; whereas women are more wired to seek companionship because we are the more nurture proactive race - * want to make sure offspring are well cared for, and two parents are better than one *

I wouldn't say the statistic is that high as far as 70% - I'd say around 30 - 35%. Maybe even lower.

Men aren't going to be hot and full of testosterone forever, there is a desire for love in men after a while of being young and romping about. It's like a biological duty to ensure the survival of children and our species is a monogamous / mates for life type of species so.

The dynamics of relationships and mentalities change as we get older.

This is but one of those dynamics.

• Lol no they are in their late twenties, and the one who told me that he's even married! He has asked me out, but I have never wanted to for respect to his wife. But yeah they're just douchebags.

• lol wow. yea that's pretty douchbaggy.

Not a first though, there are people who end up regretful in their marriages, maybe that's why he seems so adamant about that

• Id say 70 % of the relationships do not work out, as 70 % of people do not know how to behave decent with the other one, or what not what real love is.

Ppl ain't smart, and know no sh*t about love.

Its easy to mix up love with lust, and lust with true love, but id think truth is real love to find or really love only real men can. So if these two were right, figure the number..

• Guys fall in love, just not as QUICKLY and carelessly as females

I guess that's why females are more prone to being obsessive and infatuated...not that this is a 100% backed statement, just my observation

• I fall for many girls quickly and carelessly, it just happens and I can't help it.

• I don't think that's true at all.

Guys fall in love..a lot more than 30% of the population.

You're friend must have known the fact that 59% of statistics are made up on the spot

;D

• they do but not in the same romantic way women do.

• I don't think that is true.

• after college and growing up, they do. it also depends on the girl they meet and their compatibility.