Guys what are your essential criteria before you can commit?

As it says above. Eg- she must have shown she really cares for me, she must have shown she only has eyes for me and won't flirt with other guys, she must be on the same wavelength as me, she must be able to make me laugh, she must be sexy to me, she can't be too clingy, we must have similar interests etc. What makes you want to commit? Is it simply because you don't want anyone else to have her? Is it because you think going that extra step and being in a monogamous relationship is what you need in your life? Why not be in an open relationship eg where you have her to a degree but you can both see others, why do you want it to just be the 2 of you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dating Material for me:

Not a drug user. I'm not one, and I don't want to always have the fact that she could be arrested and taken from me at any point in time hanging over my head.

A Christian. I'm one, and while I do not care at all to be friends with non-Christians (many if not most of my friends are non-Christians) dating is different. Its so much more intimate, and its easier to pull someone down than help them up. I know I would be pulled down, so its best to avoid that situation.

I won't date a feminist (again.) There is nothing wrong with an "enlightened" female. Heck, I'm probably more of a feminist than most republican mothers. That said, my relationship slowly turned into this competition. She wanted all this power, and wanted to believe that she was the man in the relationship. This made me want to stand up and be a bit more overly male-istic in order to not get trampled. Take romance for example, most basic romantic ideas (when its the guy doing it) involve grand gestures of servitude and kindness toward the gal. He is does something sweet that makes him seem less and her seem more. That's great! I love doing that! I love seeing a girls face light up. I like making people happy. But this feminist would use that against me. She would make it seem like I did those things not out of joy, but because that was my role. I wasn't showing servitude, I was a servant. Thus, I never did anything romantic for most of our 2 year relationship.

I would like her to be smart, at least in something, not necessarily in everything. I'm a smart guy, and I've always valued intelligence and education. Its a turn-off to me when girls flaunt their ignorance. I love a girl who isn't afraid to show what they know. (Maybe that's why I fell for that feminist to begin with... hmmm..)

What Guys Said 5

• Must be empathetic and have perspective to my point of view ie. she can't flip out when I do something because she can't understand why I did it. I must like her family and be able to see myself in it. I have to absolutely know I can trust her. Other than that just the basic stuff like we have to get along, we have to love each other, etc.

As to why you want to commit it really just depends on where the guy is in his life. For example right now I do not want a serious relationship and women know that because I tell them. Some guys do want that and I'm sure I eventually will too. It really just depends.

Good luck.

• Once feelings come into the mix you need to know you can depend on the person. Trust and loyalty is very important if you are going to confide your secrets in another and if the two of you are going to support each other during your struggles. Without trust, there can't be love...

If you want to date and sleep around with a bunch of other people, there is no reason to commit to you. You're just a peice of ass to get off on when it's late I'm drunk and horny. There's no reason to bring emotion into it at all, no reason to commit at all, no reason to let you into my world, tell you my secrets or give a flying f*** about you. Why care about you, when you don't care about me?

• It really has nothing to do with the girl. As long as she isn't annoying, reasonably attractive, and has a decent sex drive, she's fine. But I won't commit until begins to look like I can no longer consistently attract casual sex partners.

• Under twenty three and a virgin this is my main deal breaker, wants kids that's about it imretty flexible on everything ese of course we would have to get along as well but that goes withput saying

• Only one criteria - "Am I ready to commit to her, and is she ready to commit to me?

What Girls Said 0