Texting an old number - good or bad idea?

i was looking for a way to open up some communication with this girl I know . known her off and on for a couple of years . I'm not a big phone person and don't use Facebook anymore so lacking options other than when I see her in person . I do have an old cell number of hers in my contact list , it was her real number a couple years ago but not sure it still works . is it worth a try to just text it and see if its her ? or is this too lame an idea ?

Most Helpful Girl

• You could try, what have you got to lose :D But I agree with other posts, sometimes things are better left alone. But its been a while so maybe you can catch up on things :)

What Girls Said 4

• Sure, go for it.

Send her a text like, "Its been a while, hows it going?"

She will text you back like, "Who is this?"

then you say who you are and open up the lines of discussion.

Its not lame at all! Its worth it.

• obvivouly whoever's number is it now is going to text back who is this , hope she isn't buged by this . it might open up some communications

• No, she won't be. I've done this before. And the person seemed pleasantly surprised.

• For sure, you have nothing to lose!

• Totally go for it! You have nothing to lose and only the possibility to gain!

• If you must. A old ex boyfriend called because I still had the same number...god I wish he hadn't. lol

What Guys Said 0