What kind of cute/funny texts can I send to a guy?

I recently ran into my ex from 10 years ago and we ended up hooking up. I was the one who broke his heart and rejected his attempts to get back together for the last 10 years. Seeing him opened up a lot of emotions. I'm not sure if I want to get back together but I do want to see him again to see where it will lead. He has initiated texting me twice since he left my house but nothing about getting together. I think he's afraid of rejection. What kind of cute/funny texts can I send him? I want to initiate it and show interest but I don't wanna get deep or ask him out. I want something cheeky and clever. Any suggestions please?

Just an update guys. Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions. I will definitely use all of your ideas. I text him this morning "Did you take all your vitamins today?" He replied right away: "Only my viagra". I said "yes yes! Definitely at your age. (He's a year younger than me) But you should also take your daily dose of ...Vitamin me. Hhhaha. He replied "you're a silly bird". He used to call me "birdy" when we were dating 10 years ago.
After I sent the text this morning, I noticed that he had made a comment on his Facebook status about me 2 hours before I sent that text. So hopefully he's interested! He said "This is dedicated to my favorite personal trainer who loves to scream at people". I replied : "She only screams at the ones that look like you (but not nearly handsome). I hope I haven't been too forward. I hope I'm not being too pushy because I was never assertive with him in the past and let him do all the work.

Most Helpful Guy

• We like when you talk to us about things we like. Not necessarily what you are interested in just stuff that you know might make us happy. So, like for example if you're a cheerleader (just noticed your age, so obviously not, although there are "older" cheerleaders) he might get a kick (no pun intended) out of something like "hey, was thinking of you, hopefully this cheers you up". We don't want to hear about how you went shopping or who's f***ing who etc..we want to hear things that you THINK will make US happy

• Thanks for your response. I'm actually a personal trainer. His last text to me was "did you scream at a lot of people today?" I said "No...I only screamed at one. Only one who looked like you...lol j/k". His response was "yes!" so I wanna send something light and cheeky like the text he sent me. Thanks for your time.

• @status update: TMI

What Guys Said 5

• He's probably super fragile so good move on wanting to keep it friendly. Since you broke it off you should probably initiate asking him out.

How about "I heard there's a great cupcake place on 8th, but I'm not sure where. Want to help me find it?" It's worked for me because it combines a woman's love of cupcakes, finding new places and being helpful.

As for cheeky, just say something random like "It smells like cheddar on the 9. Made me think of you"

• I took your advice and asked him out. I asked when he's free. He said Fridays and Sundays work. So I asked him for this Sunday and he said he's going to NJ on Sunday till Monday! WTH is that? Why would he say he's available on those days and then say that he's not. I said "no worries have fun; you let me know when you wanna get together" He then said he was going to bartend this Sunday. Now I know what guys go through! I've never asked a guy out and now I feel dumb.

• Ouch. Welcome to the club. These gals just don't appreciate what we do for them. Seriously though, good move on not getting discouraged and putting the ball in his court. Keep up the flirty/friendly messages, but see how it plays out before you try asking him out again. Have fun!

• 'Any more where that came from?'

'Are you sure you like me for my personality?'

• "what socks are you wearing?"

• lol your well on your way to destroying his ability to trust another woman ever again and all so you can have a fun emotional ride.

• You're completely wrong about that! I actually have been thinking nonstop about him since I saw him. I'm afraid that now that I like him he doesn't like me. You didn't answer my question...you're just assuming...lol

• Also, why would I destroy his ability to trust another woman? Our relationship did not end because of cheating or lack of trust. I have seen him a total of 4 times in the last 10 years, I have never led him on and never even kissed him until a week ago. Our chemistry was insane and it felt different. If anything I am the one who shouldn't trust him now because now that I slept with him, he's playing it cool.

• dont get clever already.

just be care-free & playful.

dumbass.

What Girls Said 1

• I would just ask him to do something fun, like the cupcake suggestion below. Or if he likes sports ask him to go to a fun pub to watch a game and catch up or something. Texting is the worst form of communication and will only confuse things. If you really want to give it a shot and feel it out, spend some time together. I wish you all the best!

• Thanks for your input but I still think he needs to ask me out. He's a man and I just need to show interest and be receptive to his advances. I don't want to seem desperate or needy plus may be he's dating other girl. I need to let him figure it out in his head and get over his ego. I think by now he should know that I'm interested. Right?

• Ok OK. So I took your advice and asked him out. I asked when he's free. He said Fridays and Sundays work. So I asked him for this Sunday and he said he's going to NJ on Sunday till Monday! WTH is that? Why would he say he's available on those days and then say that he's not. I said "no worries have fun; you let me know when you wanna get together" He then said he was going to bartend this Sunday. Now I know what guys go through! I've never asked a guy out and now I feel dumb.

• I'm sorry, that's lame that he did that. At least you got your answer and the ball is now in his court to follow up. Good luck! You were brave.