Women's speech is sometimes difficult to understand?

Guy-You did not get angry?

Girl-I don't

Guy-You really, really don't angry?

Girl- I'm not angry

silence

Girl- You really are a jerk.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• I don't see this as a woman issue, actually. It's a poor communication issue that both men and women sometimes do (obviously not all women, nor all men, but some).

In a healthy relationship, you should be able to talk to each other, listen to each other, be honest with each other. You shouldn't lie about how you're feeling, nor should you expect your partner to be a mind-reader and "just know" how you feel and why.

That said, I've been in relationships with guys who, even though they are noticeably upset/mad about something, will say "nothing's wrong" or that they're not upset/mad. Sometimes it's that they are being immature; sometimes it's that they just aren't ready to talk about it. My partner used to do this all the time, and eventually I had to tell him, "I can generally tell when you're upset about something. Please don't tell me that you aren't when you really are. If you need time to think or calm down before talking about it, I'd prefer if you just tell me, "I need some time, but I'll talk to you about it when I'm ready." instead of saying that everything's fine when it isn't.

• **SOME women's speech is difficult to understand.

I'm not that passive aggressive, I don't like games, and I've actually been told by many people in my lifetime that I articulate and -express- myself extremely well. I say how I feel, or I keep it in, but I don't punish someone for not knowing how I feel if I choose not to inform them. I don't expect anyone to read my mind. I read people better than most, but not everyone is all that great at it.

• This is where I differ from the other females in my house. If I'm mad at a person, I will either avoid being around them for a while or just tell them that I'm upset and why, but I don't give the silent treatment and expect them to know I'm upset, then deny that I am when they ask. That's just stupid... a waste of time that accomplishes nothing.

What Guys Said 2

• They think we can read minds.

• Ugh I hate when girls play that card.

seriously what is the deal with that?!