Do guys like girls with short hair?

I have long, curly blond hair. Think Taylor Swift. I'm getting it cut short pretty soon. (Pixie cut). I'm not keeping it curly, I'd get an afro. I'd use Keratin treatment to keep it straight. Keep in mind, I'm a spunky tomboy, and I'm sick of the maintenance of long hair. I don't obsess over what guys think, most likely, I'll get it cut anyway. But I was really curious.

Most Helpful Guy

• I suspect it will require more maintenance to fight the curl short - I say this as someone with thick curly hair that behaves poorly.

An actual pixie cut, few guys like. Very few. I assume you mean short pixie vs a short bob, which most guys don't like but a sizable minority do.

Pixie is often called 'hard to pull off'. Which means 'staggeringly pretty girls still look pretty good with it'.

What Guys Said 10

• I'm a big fan of short hair on girls - and androgyny in general.

• not really attractive.

plus, how the hell would a guy grab your hair when banging you from behind?

• It's terrible to read this what you wrote. You have long, blond hair but you wanna get an afro pixie cut?

It's like you got a yellow Lamborghini but you wanna get a rusty Opel.

But it's up to you if you decide not to receive male attention anymore.

• No I hate it. But there's always other opinions.

• It's actually one of my biggest turns offs.

• Nothing shorter than the shoulders..otherwise it's too manish

• I'm in the minority I know but I think it's sexy.

• Not trying to be offensive, but get it cut too short and most people will probably think you're a lesbian. You can still have medium length hair for a girl and get it layered and that tends to look good and it's still lower maintenance.

• If a girl is feminine, clean and has a pretty face that is all that counts

• A tomboy and short hair? Well, at least you won't have to beat guys off of you with a stick.

What Girls Said 7

• Studies suggest that overall men find women with longer hair are more attractive. Some guys do like girls with short hair though.

• Hey amanda can you add me I need to ask you a question?

• You should keep your long hair. short hair might not fit your face too well. hopefully you do what you want and guys find you attractive. Good Luck :)

• Most don't

Girls like pixie cuts but most girls can't rock them(few can).

• im just gonna forewarn you that if you consider yourself a spunky tomboy, and you have short hair , you WILL get called a lesbian behind your back.. no offence aha

• some do

• to be honest, every guy I know says he does not like short hair. there was this girl at work..well in her early 30s or so, blond, fairly pretty. but she has short hair. I never knew her with long hair but all the men at work tell me she was pretty then she cut her hair and now she's nasty.