Did I screw up? What is she thinking?

The other night, this girl that I have been seeing and I are sitting in her bed just hanging out, talking, and sharing YouTube videos. She decides to have the "What do you want out of us?" conversation. I reply that I like her and I want to see where it's going. She says she recently got out of a relationship, and when she came down here for her internship, she figured she would just make friends and never expected to have feelings for someone like she does me. She is down here until school starts back up, and then she'll move back home for her senior year. She is 20. I know she has been dating another guy, but she seems very sincere. She says she cannot promise anything will happen, but she also can't say nothing will happen. I tell her I understand, as I have been in the same situation before, and that we can take things slow. The next thing I know, she is making out with me, and we proceed to do so for the next couple of hours. I went over there after she got off work around midnight, we started kissing around 2, and I didn't leave until after 4.

Here is where I'm wondering if I screwed up. Throughout the night I kept trying to progress further from just kissing. Each time I tried to move to second base, she stopped my hands from moving further. I cracked a joke once about it, but after a couple of attempts, realized it wasn't going to happen and stopped trying. Towards the end of the night, we were both worn out and just laying there and I made the comment "I feel like I'm going to get kicked out of here," because we had already discussed that I wasn't going to spend the night tonight. She said "why, because it's 4:30?" and I said "That, and because I keep getting shut down." It was meant to be a joke, but may not have been taken as so. About a minute later she is up, pulling me out of bed, and helping me get my things together. As she pulls me out of bed, I say, "I get the message. It's time for me to go." and get up. She asks what I said, and I say "nothing" because I am tired. Right before I leave she says "what are you thinking?" and I reply, "nothing, I'm really tired." We kiss a couple of more times, and I head out the door. She says to let her know when I make it home. The next morning she has work and texts me at 8:00 am saying "I have a really bad headache, and I blame you! lol." We joke/flirt a little and I say "well I only have one thing to ask... was it worth it?" and she says "mmmm... yeah :)". So my question is, did I screw this up? I have to leave on vacation, and I'm going overseas and can't talk to her for a week. Things seemed fine, but not quite right when I left, but it could have been that both of us were tired.

Most Helpful Girl

• You didn't screw up, and it's good you're going away for a week. She'll have time to miss you. Maybe just don't be so blunt next time.

What Girls Said 1

• i don't think you screwed up. watch the timing of your jokes next time though lol

What Guys Said 1

• Bad timing on that joke obviously..but I don't see where it seems like she's upset with you or anything, especially after she contacted you the next morning anyways. Don't worry about it.