Would you date a proffessional athelete?

would you date a pro athlete? which sports are the most appealing to you in a guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there's any specific reason not to date an athlete, so I would. I'd support whatever my guy likes to play because he'd be passionate about something. But as far as sports that actually interest me, I'd date a baseball or billiards player. I might also consider a swimmer or basketball player.

What Girls Said 19

• That depends on how he acts when we are together/apart. If he is CONSISTENT AND STABLE for example writes frequent emails (if he is away) or at least sends an email at a specific time everyday and gives an excuse AHEAD of time if he can't write back. Calls frequently telling about his day, asking questions about mine. Returning my phone calls or messages etc. If he shows he cares, then yes. If not - then ABSOLUTELY no!

This may sound like a lot - but if you like each other it wouldn't be.

It also depends on how reasonable or insecure your girlfriend turns out to be - if she calls 25 times a day, and expects you to do the same - cut her lose. If she wants you to write 10 emails a day - cut her of. If she turns up unexpectedly at EVERY single event when your away - she has no life of her own! Find yourself an independent and secure women and treat her RIGHT- then everything should be fine.

• Well it would definitely be a glamorous life to be the wife of an athlete. Except he would be gone a lot to games or training. I would date a pro athlete, but I would definitely miss him. Unless I am the type of wife that just goes on the raod with him, but that wouldn't work if we had kids or a family. There are lots of factors to consider ha ha But by far, baseball is the sexiest sport for a guy to play.

• Sure, soccer or swimming..any :) he should just be a good guy

• All in college that's all I really date but it's because he understands the commitment and intensity of a college sport

• as long as he didn't allow his fame to engulf his good personality (which is what I would have fallen in love with in the first place).

i'd prefer a pro soccer player - strong yet lean

• I did that once. Football player. He had been my high school boyfriend, I dated him a bit in college, he got drafted by the Cowboys. Didn't last long. lol

• I'd love to date a water polo player because I play water polo :)

• Yes, sounds like fun! I think soccer players are sexy!

• Track athlete's have the best bodies, in my opinion, because they work everything, the arms, legs, and core of the body mostly.

• Only if he was a martial artist. Anyone else no -_- I am also an athlete though, so I don't know if that cancels out my opinion :D

• My brother's always been part of the snowboarding scene, so I sort of grown up with that. I like snowboarding, mountain climbing, odd sports, seems to always have the nicest boys and not the annoying jocks.

• probably not because I prefer not to get cheated on

• nooooo

• Yes...swimmer.

• Probably not. The chances of him being unfaithful skyrocket that it would just be a waste of time. I find football players very attractive though.

• i would love to. basketball football are the main sports I think about, but it doesn't really matter if I like him

• are you an athlete

• yes

• I was just curious, But growing up I dated football players. That's all I would date, But for some reason I'm attracted to basketball players. To me they have the best bodies !

• I'm aspiring to be a pro-soccer player

• yes, a pro soccer player.

• i really rather not. But probably boxing.

What Guys Said 6

• A big portion of pro atheletes are like rock stars, in that they have beautiful women throwing themselves at them all the time, plus they spend a large percentage of their time traveling and being away from home. That's a really, really bad recepie for a successful relationship.

Guys like that are serious Type A people who crave attention, and when they are away from home, lonely, and surrounded by willing women, few are going to remain faithful. There have been hundreds and hundreds of examples, and those are just the ones that are made public.

I think a lot of girls enjoy the fantasy, but would be a lot less happier about the reality, of dating a pro athelete.

• more like most girls won't care about what sport you play if your good at it and make a sh*t ton of money . you see the girls that date pro athletes? 95% of them are 10/10 girls on the looks scale the other 5% are high school sweethearts type girls . If I could date a pro girl athlete I wouldnt, knowing guys espcieally athletes have so many one night stands on the road espcieally the younger guys.

• No. They are, largely, idiots who are overpaid for what they do. In fact, most of the sports franchises couldn't exist without tax payer subsidies. All in all, they are drain on society.

• Hell yeah! I would date a softball, tennis, or soccer player.

• I'd date an olympic swimmer or volleyball player, or maybe a gymnast.

• Most girls aren't going to care what you play if you look good playing it haha.