Why do women, girls, care so much about maturity in guys so much? why does maturity in guys matter more?

than in girls, women? Because that is why the vast majority of the time, it is men dating, in a relationship or marrying younger women, not so much vice-versa, the other way around, why are so many women attracted to men that are 10 years or more older than them? Because for me, age does kinda matter to me, and they say the reason why women are attracted to older men is because mainly Maturity, seriously, why is Maturity more important to women than looks?

Personally, even though I'm 24, I find it scary, disgusting that I will still be attracted to women in their 20's throughout my entire life, but I guess human nature can be disgusting at times.

Seriously, I really hate, despise, loathe being born male often times!

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly, women mature faster than men. That's why a lot of women are more focused on marriage and kids at an earlier age. While as men would prefer to play around until they feel that they are ready to settle down (which can take a while). That's why you see a lot of women married at a much younger age then most men. Most men settle down and marry in their late 30s and later. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule. There are the stereotypical college girls who just want to play around but I rarely see 40 or 50 years old women bar hopping and clubbing like their younger counterparts. Women know that they only have a few years of youth and then they are considered "old". Men have more time to not really worry about that.

So going back to your question in terms of women wanting mature men...they would prefer to be with someone who is at the same level as they are in terms of setting down and that tends to be men who are older than them. Older men are more interested in being in serious relationships. Teenage boys, college boys and men in their late 20s and early 30s tend want to play the field and sleep around. Again, there are exceptions but this tends to be the majority. This behavior doesn't attract most mature women because they are over that part of their life and want to be more serious and mature and that just tends to be older men. Looks are great but they're not everything.

• what do you mean women have a few years of youth and men do not?

• PS...can I have Best Answer now please :D

• Thank you for the BA :D and good luck in your search for the beauty in nature.

What Girls Said 4

• Because if you're not mature, you annoy the crap out of me.

Note: There's a difference between immature and humorous.

• Watch a birthing video and you won't mind your penis too much.

• women can get away with more things than men can

• I could say the same thing, and it would be every bit as general, false, and irrational as your statement.

• It has nothing to do with age for me personally. I just don't want to date someone who's immature. Not many people do :P

• even if the guy is 10 years older or more than you?

• A guy who's 10 years older than me would probably have a really different life than I do, so it'd be a lot less likely to work out.

• well too many girls are attracted to guys like that

• Being mature is different from being old. Yes, we are attracted to older men, BUT not old men >.< Such attraction, I think, is our nature: Guys look for a sweet and lovely girlfriend as well as girls look for manly and mature boyfriend. And maturity is often equivalent to responsibility. Girls may like bad boys but most of us hate irresponsible airhead.

Anyways I do agree that compatible personality is the most important. Even if a guy is younger than me but if he thinks and acts like a true man, then I have no resistance to date him at all.

• why is responsibility more important in men than in women?

• I think because girls, in general, are more thoughtful than guys at the same age and more committed to families naturally. So I won't say that responsibility is more important for any sides but instead, we choose someone we assume they're responsible enough.

• i guess we are the oppossite sex for a reason, but looks are important to me

What Guys Said 4

• i pisses me off!

• its simply. because women are extremely far-fetched and what the best out of everything.

do you thing there gonna get all the conformity, economics and power from a young guy?

• Answer to that question is simple, my friend. Girls don't want to date little kids, or guys who act much younger than their age, so they would typically prefer to date a guy who is more mature for his age.

• tell me about it, geeze