How do I get over a guy without flocking to my friends?

I am in the process of breaking up with my boyfriend and I am wondering if there is a way I can get over him without going to my friends in pity? I love my friends and all but they don't do anything but talk about men and how they are playing men and hanging out with them will just make my feelings worse.

What should I do and how do I do it? Thanks for your help!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I think the best way to go about doing this without including your friends is to just keep busy. That's what I did or just hang out, have fun. You have to do extra curricular things to occupy the parts of your brain that is thinking about the could have would shouldas. you know?

• I wish I could help you but I'm going through the same thing right now. But the thing is its to hard to do it alone, I mean you need your space but then you also need your friends and/or your family. Its good to feel the support from somebody else when you are going through a rough time like that. I found out that the best thing for me was to go to my mother for support which made us a lot closer than we ever have been.