Should I be friends with my Ex girlfriend after we broke up?

This girl was dating a guy for two years and they broke up.Now I knew this girl during those two years and I like her so when they broke up I started talking to her.After about two weeks after their break-up we began to date.Right now it sounds like I'm a rebound guy and I don't want to think I am because I really like her.Well after 2 months we have a talk and she says she isn't looking for a serious relationship.Mmmmmm.Throw away the rebound guy?So we break up and she says she still wants to be friends.How should I react?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should be friends. You need to realize that you were a reound. But think of it this way, she broke off things because she probably did realize you were a rebound and she didn't want to take advantage of you becuase you are such a good friend. give her time and just be her friend, and you never know she'll eventually be ready to move on and you'll be the first guy she thinks of.

• Thanks,but look what I just found.A message she sent her ex while we were dating.

>hey boo!

thank you for the 9 texts last night!

ha I didn't text you back because I dint know who's phone it was!

but call me today at 4!

love you X0X0!

Friends Still?

• Well... I say be friends with her if you can truly not be hurt and or jealous if she does go back to him. Because if their already texting like that, it's a good chance their going to get back together soon.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, you were the rebound guy, but not to worry, you can still be friends with her, unless you have too strong of feelings for her. Distance yourself somewhat as to not become too attached, because you never know if she will change her mind once she is completely healed from the last relationship. If you become too attached even if you aren't dating, you could be heart broken if she decides you aren't the right guy even after she is looking for a relationship again. I know how hard it is to do, but move on bud. Or at least try to move on. Show her that you understand her situation and that you respect her decision and are moving on with your life without her as your girlfriend. This will increase your chances of getting her back also, because she will see that she is missing out on a great guy that is moving ahead in life.

• Thanks man.It turns out she sent this message to her ex while we were dating.

>hey boo!

thank you for the 9 texts last night!

but call me today at 4!

love you X0X0!

Yeah I'm not being friend with her

• Well, there is always that too. I've had a similar situation happen to me before. I got the old "I can't be in a relationship right now" line, then a week later, boom, new boyfriend. So, yea, just ignore her and act like you don't even know her anymore, if she asks you why you are ignoring her simply say "You know why." and walk away. If she doesn't have the respect for you to at least be honest, then she isn't worth even knowing in my opinion.