Thought men were simple but please answer guys?

a guy I'm still into asks me if I live in a certain area, I reply later asking why, its been days and he doesn't bother repying at all! why bother asking in the first place?!

Most Helpful Girl

• he might be scared

• scared of what though

• im glad, good luck and thanks for ba

• turns out he still likes me, he has opened up a lot lately, thanks for the help, YW

What Guys Said 5

• Men are simple...

But the world we live in is increasingly complicated, what with all the different modes of communication: cell phones, email, texting, voice mail, chat, whatever. Thoughts quickly get drowned out and information lost with all the multi-tasking and context switching.

Anyway, it is pretty simple and there are two ways to look at this:

1. He dropped the ball and so he's not really that interested in you. If he wanted to, he would make more of an effort. Even if for some unlikely reason he didn't get your reply, he'd still try to follow-up to figure out what's up. Of course a guy might purposely wait a few days to keep from looking desperate, but there is a limit to how much time is acceptable. If forgot about you, maybe he wasn't that interested to begin with. Maybe he saw your response of "why?" and figured that you were being evasive, so he just moved on.

2. If you really like the guy, there's nothing stopping you from going after him. You know, you don't have to wait until the cows come home to see if he ever replies. You can send another message to find out why he hasn't replied. Or better yet, just wait a little bit and forget the first message, and start over by asking how he's doing.

Hope this helps!

• The commute matters. If you live within 45 minutes, great we can date. If you live in hollywood and every time I pick you up I have to sit on the freeway, stop and go for 2.5 hours just to get to you... ... deal breaker. Same thing if you live somewhere where it's impossible to find parking... or someone will steal my tires while I'm knocking on your door. People don't think about it, but it matters.

• this has nothing to do with my question hahaha, he knows were I live just not the particular area though he got it right when he asked, the question I'm asking is why did he not bother to reply when I asked him why he wanted to know were I live?

• Perhaps because you didn't answer his question? If I was impatient, I might roll my eyes and forget about you a while.

• thankyou, that can be the only logical explanation really

• no idea.

• He realized that you were incapable of giving a direct answer. So what's the point in having a conversation.

girls are the only ones you can ask a Yes/No question to, and they'll answer "Why?"

Because girls want to prolong everything into a conversation, whereas the guy just wants a simple answer to a simple request for information.

• The only reasonable explanation is that he might have lost his phone. I wouldn't overthink it.

• he hasn't cause I replied via MySpace and he has been on lots

• he didn't want to know my address just the area, so maybe he was passing through on buisness? I haven't met him but if you see my earlier questions I know him pretty well and I trust him totally so to me he is not a stranger

• I'm not quite sure then. It could be a ton of reasons but I still am not sure why he would be ignoring you though.

What Girls Said 2

• Lost his phone or just not that interested? Maybe too nervous? Could be anything.

• he has chased me for a year, I doubt he isn't that interested

• Not necessarily true. He could have chased you for a year even while being mildly interested.

• He may have been initially interested, but then upon second reflection he wasn't -- or someone else came a long and took his breath away. It's not very difficult to distract a guy...