Is this weird or am I being paranoid?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years. He's almost 29 and I am a year younger than him. Our younger roommates bring over this 16 year old girl they are cool with. She's a nice girl and I like her, but her and my boyfriend seem to have a lot in common. I mean, they have at least 15 similar interests that my boyfriend and I don't share. They both like kinda nerdy stuff like sci fi, zombies, fantasy novels, drawing, video games, board games, etc. Every time she is here, he is chatting up the walls with her about everything they are both into and goes into a childlike euphoria where's she's all like "Beverly! You have to come here and play this with me! Pleeeeaase?!"

I have to admit, it makes me envious that they have so much in common and me and him don't when I am his girlfriend. She's a very cute girl too and I feel like if she were a few years older and I wasn't with him, he would most definitely be with someone like her. I know it's crazy and I don't think he would actually do anything inappropriate, one being for the fact that I trust him to be faithful to me and 2, I know he knows she's entire too young...but sometimes I question what goes on in his head. I can't help but wonder if he secretly thinks about her in that "If only she were older" way. All of his old friends and old flames/gf were several years younger than him. Actually I met him through my sister is is 7 years younger than me because he used to be friends with her old boyfriend, so I have always found it weird that he gets along so well with people just out of high school when he himself is pushing 30. Yes, my boyfriend is a man child. But should I be consider about his closeness with this 16 year old female or is it just a buddy thing?

Sorry for the typos, it's late.
She doesn't flirt with him or anything.. She treats him like she treats everyone else in our apartment.I know nothing is really "going on" between them, but I wonder if he wishes he was with someone he had more in common with. We almost broke up one time where he mentioned that him and I have nothing in common, so maybe I need to try to find more similar interests or try to influence us to do more grown up activities that both us can enjoy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be worried. I know I should tell you that it's not a big deal. but it is if she likes him like that and he likes her like that as well. and once she hits 18 it's like wth. but I can say that you shouldn't worry because I'm sure he loves you and he cares for you and probably wouldn't do that to you.

What Guys Said 2

• oh def a buddy thing. I don't think he means to disrespect you, he just enjoys the girls company is all. I wouldn't take anything serious about their relationship. It sounds A LOT like a friend thing than anything. I wouldn't worry if I were you

• I don't see that very often where I'm from. someone in their 30s usually doesn't associate with 16~ year olds unless they're like cousins or something. I have a cousin who is mid 30s that I've hung with before but I couldn't really imagine being 16 again and having a buddy who isn't related to me at all and being cool and comfortable enough to where we hang out. especially if it was like opposite gender? I dunno. not to say he's going to do anything with her but I think it's abnormal for sure.

What Girls Said 1

• that would be good =)