This is a ridiculous situation, please help me out.

After several disappointing experiences with men I decided to keep a certain distance from them and from situations that could lead to romance. (I don't hate or dislike men, I just wanted some time on my own). However, there's one person who is really testing my willpower.

There was no immediate attraction or spark between us. But, as time goes by I feel more and more drawn to him. And I'm essentially crushing on him like a little girl, even though I'm 24 years old!

I'm scared to approach him and I fear it could lead to yet another disappointing experience. I've never done or said anything obvious yet I can't deny my growing interest.

I even went on holiday for 2 weeks and I hoped that, after my return, I'd realize what a silly crush he was. You know, time and distance can give a fresh new outlook. But NOPE! As soon as I saw him again I got that feeling all over again, it was like: "bam! yes, I still like him!".

Have I gone insane?

How do I handle this?

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think that you've gone insane over this person! Maybe you are just attracted to him and you don't know why yet. The only way I think you can get over this is to either ask him out and see where it takes you so you can find out what made him attractive to you or you just have to try your best to not have contact with him as much as possible. Seeing how you're going to see him anyway, I think that you should ask him out. Who knows? Maybe this guy is the one you're looking for! And if he says he doesn't want to go out with you then that attraction to him will be gone. Asking him out on a date provides a solution to both scenarios I just presented you with. Just be confident with what you feel. You cannot help with how you feel all the time. I hope my advice can help you out somehow and best of luck with this guy! :)

• I think it's normal. People experience this apparent "little girl" or "little boy" feeling when they have a crush.

If you don't talk to him, it would be hard to resolve this situation. You don't necessarily have to involve yourself in a new relationship. Some exploration is warranted, in my opinion.

What Girls Said 0