Does the time I message a girl on a dating site matter?

I was messaging at like 4 AM.. or on a Friday night? is that bad? I didn't get much response. :/ Girls are so shallow! I comment on their profile and try to be funny, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• No I don't think so. She'll check it in the morning/whenever she next logs on and more likely than not she won't look at the time.

Not getting a response is VERY common for guys on dating sites. Unfortunately girls get bombarded with messages and to have any chance you have to message many girls. Unless you get lucky.

• Lame. I get a girl messaging me every 6 months, and one looks at my profile every 2-3.

• Gotta message more girls then. Unfortunately...going through lots and lots of failures is the only way to get these online dating sites to work for most normal guys

What Girls Said 1

• If it's on Facebook, then no, it doesn't matter. However, if you ONLY contact her around or after 9pm, that tends to hint you only want her sexually. In your case, I think you're overreacting.

What Guys Said 1

• I recommend messaging girls early in the morning. A guy who's online at 5 or 6am is likely fishing before going to the gym or work. Both are good signals towards a girl. A guy that is messaging really late at night looks like he doesn't have to work the following day or is looking for a booty call, even if he isn't. Try early in the morning, say 6am.